What do you know of James?

  • Don Hetherington
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2000
      Hello Folks!
      I'm looking for any information on one James SPALDEN/SPALDING/SPAULDING.
      Jame got done in March 1824 for house-breaking and sentenced at the Warrick
      Assizes to seven years transportation and in 1825 was relocated to Van
      Diemans Land.
      he was 19 years (so his record says) at the time and Birmingham appears to
      have been the area he came from.
      So far we have been unable to uncover his birth date, parents or much else
      about dear James, prior to his arrest and conviction other than he may have
      been a repeat offender.
      Any (nicely now) suggestions where I could start looking.

      TIA

      Don Hetherington
      Melb. Vic
      "a hunting we will go....."