Re: [englishresearch] Aris/S ancestors

  • Dorne Cawte
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
      Hi, Wendy, Ariss seems an unusual name. Have you tried searching the web on
      'Ariss'? I suggest you try it on a few search engines like Alta Vista,
      Looksmart, or www.Google.com. I tried it with my funny surname, 'Cawte' and
      got over 2,000 hits! - family trees containing the name, library resources
      held on the family, genealogy message boards discussing the name, and living
      people with that surname - wonderful! I spent days reading and printing the
      best links.
      Another good search was at a British site, www.btinternet.com It gave me
      lots of English hits of the name and was most useful of all. Hope this helps
      you.
      Cheers, Dorne in Mackay, Qld