Aris/S ancestors

  • Wendy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2001
      Hi All

      I have been lurking for months so it is time to post my surnames.

      I am researching all ARIS/S families in England.
      My lines are from Warwickshire- Richard ARIS (sometimes spelt ARISS)

      born 1802 Grandborough War.

      I am interested in any sightings of the names and have a very large database
      of
      BDMS.(complete GRO from 1837 to 1900)
      I am willing to share info with any-one connected.

      My other names of interest are:-
      BURTON Dunchurch War.
      ALLTON Ansley, Atherstone, Nuneaton War.
      TIMSON Barwell Leics.
      MEREDITH Forest of Dean Glo.
      WILLS Tamworth Staffs.

      Cheers
      Wendy
    • Dorne Cawte
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
        Hi, Wendy, Ariss seems an unusual name. Have you tried searching the web on
        'Ariss'? I suggest you try it on a few search engines like Alta Vista,
        Looksmart, or www.Google.com. I tried it with my funny surname, 'Cawte' and
        got over 2,000 hits! - family trees containing the name, library resources
        held on the family, genealogy message boards discussing the name, and living
        people with that surname - wonderful! I spent days reading and printing the
        best links.
        Another good search was at a British site, www.btinternet.com It gave me
        lots of English hits of the name and was most useful of all. Hope this helps
        you.
        Cheers, Dorne in Mackay, Qld