Re: [englishresearch] children buried at sea

  • dawnq
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2001
      Rosemary, a child of my German gt-grandfather's 1st marriage died on the
      voyage to Oz. Search the death microfiche of the state your family arrived.
      This death was on the 'fiche in Qld., where the rest of the family arrived
      in 1865. At the top, after his name was MAR, meaning marine death. The (Qld)
      death cert. gives the lat. and long. where burial occurred, 2 days west of
      Cape of Good Hope. His name was left on the passenger list. DawnQ

      > Help just found out that one of my ancestors may have been buried at sea
      in 1874. He was only a child of about 2yr old. My ggrandparent came from
      England to Australia and would have boarded the ship with 2 children but
      only arrived with one. Would I first have to find the boarding list in
      England. Is there such list available for us to research. Would there be a
      list of passengers that passed away and buried at sea. How do I go about
      finding these things out.

      > Yours truly
      > Rosemary Saltmarsh
      > Telowie S.A.
      > dianna@...

    • Ray & Lorraine Collier
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2001
        Have you tried the NSW bdm,s. My husbands ancesters lost their two children
        on the voyage over here and I found them in the deaths online
        http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/Index/IndexSrch.cgi?sessionID=236250
        Lorrainae