Re: [englishresearch] Shipping records

  • Phil Plumbe
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2001
      Caroline, with the date AND the name of the ship, you should have a good
      chance of tracing John and xxxx Gray.

      Search on "Passenger Lists", "Shipping Lists" via Google, as there are heaps
      of sites. Contact me off this list (via address below) and we could try to
      give you some more specific pointers, though I'm by no means expert as yet.
      GSV in this State has good arrival-record indexes on CD for example.

      Phil Plumbe
      Melbourne, Australia
      [researching Plumbe, Garrett in S.England,
      Barton and Cox in Yorkshire, Lanfear, and
      Dr Edward Somerset Cleveland, mostly in India.]
      plumby@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1 2:55 PM
        Hi Phil

        This is the only couple that I have been able to find and I was looking for
        records England side of the trip to see if any further information is
        available than is here. I have looked at the passenger list for the Kent
        and was no help.

        Caroline Trezise
        Raywood Victoria