Surname Interests

  • Dawn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 17, 2001
      Hi Everyone

      I am trying to research the following names, can anyone be of help please?

      MAUDLIN - I have reached a brick wall on this one JOHN WILLIAM MAUDLIN was born abt 1856 place unknown died 1917 in Grays Essex
      ATTRIDGE - Jessie married John Maudlin parents George Attridge born abt 1836
      ELLIS - ELIZA mother of Jessie Attridge
      OUTEN - Rosa Louisa
      TAYLOR - John William married to Rosa Outen
      LIVERMOORE - Harriet Livermore mother of Rosa

      I have been concentrating on John William Maudlin and Jessie Elizabeth Attridge hence not a lot of information on other names. John William Maudlin was, apparently a Policeman (as stated on marriage certificate for his marriage to second wife - Jessie Attridge) unfortunately nothing has been found to confirm this, it is possible that he was born Durham or surrounding areas. Awaiting 1901 census to be able to confirm this.

      Thanks for any help anyone can give to me.
      Dawn Maudlin

    • Cliff Pavey
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 17, 2001
        I was interested to see the name OUTEN mentioned. I presume yours are in
        England.

        I have a William and his sister Lillian Maude in one of my trees in
        Australia. Did any of yours migrate?

        Lyndall
        > I am trying to research the following names, can anyone be of help please?
        >
        > MAUDLIN - I have reached a brick wall on this one JOHN WILLIAM MAUDLIN was
        born abt 1856 place unknown died 1917 in Grays Essex
        > ATTRIDGE - Jessie married John Maudlin parents George Attridge born abt
        1836
        > ELLIS - ELIZA mother of Jessie Attridge
        > OUTEN - Rosa Louisa
        > TAYLOR - John William married to Rosa Outen
        > LIVERMOORE - Harriet Livermore mother of Rosa
        >
        > I have been concentrating on John William Maudlin and Jessie Elizabeth
        Attridge hence not a lot of information on other names. John William Maudlin
        was, apparently a Policeman (as stated on marriage certificate for his
        marriage to second wife - Jessie Attridge) unfortunately nothing has been
        found to confirm this, it is possible that he was born Durham or surrounding
        areas. Awaiting 1901 census to be able to confirm this.

        > Thanks for any help anyone can give to me.
        > Dawn Maudlin

      • Dawn Maudlin
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 19, 2001
          I am afraid I do not know if any OUTEN's migrated as yet. Possibly will find
          that they did later on.
          Dawn

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/