1841 census

  • Anne Caroline Pittard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2001
      Good morning everyone, I've had a look at the first film for St Georges,
      Hanover Square, 0824588. Did I think there was maybe one pub there????? I
      found the following:

      14 Little Crosvenor St, HS. Hertford Arms.
      William FORMAN, LV.
      <I'm looking for Stephen DORMAN as the LV, coincidence>

      37 Brook St, HS. White Lion.
      William WILLCOCK, Publican.

      39 Davies St, HS. The Three Kings.
      Jesse SMITH, Publican.

      27 Brooks Mews, HS. White Horse.
      George DAY, Publican.

      11 Avery Row, HS. Coach and Horses.
      Charles CROCKER, LV.

      24 Kings St, HS. Kings Head.
      Henry PINK, Publican.

      8 King St, HS. Lukes Head.
      henry Ch. HANSCOMBS.

      49 Mount St, HS. The Swan.
      Thomas CORDEUX, LV.

      6 Reeves Mews, HS. The Dukes Head.
      Edward Westworth GOULD, LV.

      7 Adams Mews, HS. The Royal Exchange.
      Andrew Edward TOWNSEND, LV.

      1 Mount St, HS. Bricklayers Arms.
      John Robt. ASHBEY, LV.

      14-16 Charles St, HS. Coburgh Hotel.
      August SCORRIER <hard to read>, Hotel Keeper.

      45 Bishops Yards, HS. Bailey's Stables.
      William GLOVER.

      Mount St, HS. Trafalgar Stables.
      Ann FRANKS.

      52 Piccadilly, HS. Queens Head.
      Henry BRADSHAW, LV.

      32 Old Bond St, HS. Blue Posts.
      Thomas BROWN, LV.

      69 New Bond St, HS. Clarendon Hotel.
      John BACON, HK.

      8 Mull or Mill St, HS
      James MORGAN, head, 41y, HBM Consul, Ireland.
      Emily M , wife, 37y, Norfolk.
      Herbert J , un , 6y , China, British Subject.
      William DREWITT,visitor, 33y, coachman, Hants.

      5 or 44 Grosvenor St, HS.
      Elizabeth PIGGARD, Serv, 27y, Housemaid, Som.

      13 Avery Row, HS.
      George GIFFORD, lodger, 27y, butcher, Dorset.

      15 Mount St, HS.
      Ann E GIFFORD, border, un, 32y, milliner, Mx, St James.

      20 Bruton St, HS.
      Charles Pittard, 43y, Butler, Oxford.

      I didn't find my Stephen DORMAN with a pub in HS or my Stephen DORMAN as a
      tailor in HS.

      I'll get the next film soon, unless someone else has it of course.

      What is the differce between Publican and Licenced Victualer?????
      Maybe LV is allowed to serve food and the Publican isn't?????

      Cheers for now, Anne, from sunny, warm Cairns, Aus.