Re: [englishresearch] SHOULD I OR SHOULDN'T I -WHAT DO YOU THINK

  • Alece Egan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2001
      Re virus alerts, it is best to check them with your virus program or one of
      several internet sites. It saves sending on a hoax, as I did last week.
      Alece Egan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2001
        Dear Janet Reakes
        The virus not only seems to be the foulest dis-service possible to the IT
        age but oh, what a frustration to be afflicted. By all means, keep up the
        good service, please!
        By the way as long as I am on the air at last, how would be the best way to
        track my earliest relative in Australia. Prior to coming to Australia aboard
        the Coromandel which arrived in SA in 1837. John Charles Shorey White, wife
        and two children has left a long and known list of descendents however I
        only know he was an orphan apprentice baker, supposedly born in Thorpe,
        Essex in 1813. I know from a biography written by his gdaughter (I imagine?
        he was alive at the time of writing) quite a few more bits and pieces but
        lack the direction to find his parents who were said to have died of
        consumption when he was very young. If I was looking now I would try the
        Bakers Guilds around Essex and as he came here as a bank clerk and held the
        first Wesleyan service at Glenelg there are more places to go. However the
        starting point eludes me. Could you offer a pointer or three from you vast
        experience and I do not mean to be a smarty in saying that because in all
        the time I have enjoyed reading the Janet Reakes pages (in between virus
        attacks) I realise how genuinely you know your subject.
        Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
        Regards
        Anthony White