SHOULD I OR SHOULDN'T I -WHAT DO YOU THINK

  • jreakes@familytreeresearch.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2001
      Do you want me to send on these virus alerts or not? There are so many
      of them and as with the case today I sent through an alert from an
      obviously genuine lister, then had another one to say it was a hoax.
      Is it a case of better to be sure than sorry? or stop wasting my
      space?
      Let me know
      Janet
      List owner
    • Sheila Quee
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2001
        Dear Janet,
        Better a hoax wake-up call than the real thing.
        Thanks for all your efforts on our behalf
        regards
        Sheila

        > Do you want me to send on these virus alerts or not? There are so many
        > of them and as with the case today I sent through an alert from an
        > obviously genuine lister, then had another one to say it was a hoax.
        > Is it a case of better to be sure than sorry? or stop wasting my
        > space?
        > Let me know
        > Janet
        > List owner

      • Alece Egan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2001
          Re virus alerts, it is best to check them with your virus program or one of
          several internet sites. It saves sending on a hoax, as I did last week.
          Alece Egan
          > Do you want me to send on these virus alerts or not? There are so many
          > of them and as with the case today I sent through an alert from an
          > obviously genuine lister, then had another one to say it was a hoax.
          > Is it a case of better to be sure than sorry? or stop wasting my
          > space?
          > Let me know
          > Janet
          > List owner

        • awhite
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2001
            Dear Janet Reakes
            The virus not only seems to be the foulest dis-service possible to the IT
            age but oh, what a frustration to be afflicted. By all means, keep up the
            good service, please!
            By the way as long as I am on the air at last, how would be the best way to
            track my earliest relative in Australia. Prior to coming to Australia aboard
            the Coromandel which arrived in SA in 1837. John Charles Shorey White, wife
            and two children has left a long and known list of descendents however I
            only know he was an orphan apprentice baker, supposedly born in Thorpe,
            Essex in 1813. I know from a biography written by his gdaughter (I imagine?
            he was alive at the time of writing) quite a few more bits and pieces but
            lack the direction to find his parents who were said to have died of
            consumption when he was very young. If I was looking now I would try the
            Bakers Guilds around Essex and as he came here as a bank clerk and held the
            first Wesleyan service at Glenelg there are more places to go. However the
            starting point eludes me. Could you offer a pointer or three from you vast
            experience and I do not mean to be a smarty in saying that because in all
            the time I have enjoyed reading the Janet Reakes pages (in between virus
            attacks) I realise how genuinely you know your subject.
            Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
            Regards
            Anthony White