Re: WHO CAN ANSWER THIS???

  • Fred Pepper
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2000
      Dear Susan, He might have been one of the first teen rebels, did he ever
      wear a flower in his hair? I think not at Cobar. Just be thankful he was
      what he was. fred
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2001
        In England, especially among those who were "traditional" and especially at
        the time you mention, a child who didn't follow social precepts and
        "embarrassed" the family in someway became the "black sheep" and many times
        was cast away, or ran away feeling bitter towards their family, and never
        returned. Pity the poor mammas! I think it was about this time, also, that
        dueling was outlawed, and if you did it and survived, you could be hanged
        for murder if the person you dueled died. At this time, also, you had to
        duel if provoked or be branded "not a gentleman". Maybe one of these things
        happened to your ancestor. You haven't looked in/on the prisoners lists
        have you? He might be there. Vi Winters