Surname Interests

  • B Cotter
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2000
      Hi List,

      I have come to a screeching halt with these two families. Looking for any
      leads.

      HART John; b.1817, England, his father was William HART.
      HEMP Ann b. 10 Nov. 1815, daughter of Thomas HEMP, wife of the above John
      HART. They were married 25 April, 1841 at Parish Church, Edmonton, England.
      Both Thomas and William were Labourers, as listed on John and Ann's marriage
      certificate.
      Their daughters were;
      HART Elizabeth A. b. 10 Nov. 1841, Middlesex, Eng. d. 26 Nov. 1896 m. Thomas
      FLOYD 14 Dec. 1867 at St. Martin In The Field, Westminster, Eng. Their
      children; Thomas John Hart FLOYD 1868-1869, John FLOYD 1870, Agnes Mary Ann
      FLOYD 1871, Isabelle FLOYD 1874.
      HART Ann; b. 20 May, 1845 Middlesex, Eng. d. 1919 m. William STUBBINS 21
      June 1862 at St. Martin In The Field, Westminster, Eng. They had 12
      children.
      HART Sarah; b. 16 June, 1850 Middlesex, Eng. d. 2? Feb. 1938 buried Edmonton
      Cemetery, Eng. m. Francis STUBBINGS (brother to the above William) 29 Sept.
      1872 at St. Leonard's, Shoreditch, Eng. They had;
      Francis b. 29 April, 1876 d. 1950 m. Alice Ramsey 16 April, 1898
      Harriett Elizabeth (Hattie) b. 1883 Eng. d. 1979 Guelph, ON, CANADA
      Emily Ann b. 1884 Eng. d. 1959 Guelph, ON m. William HART who also died 1950
      a few days before Emily.
      William John (my grandfather) b. 2 June 1889 Eng. d. 29 Dec. 1943 Fonthill,
      ON, CANADA m. Emily Elizabeth Holtom
      Frederick b. 1900 Eng. Know absolutely nothing about him.

      Sorry this is so long, but wanted to add as much info as possible, I have
      been working on this line for 8 years and still can't find any solid leads.
      Beth
    • Leoanie Bevan
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 27, 2000
        Hi

        I just thought that I might re-submit some of my research interests, they
        are:

        THORNTON, John - pre 1860, Sussex/Kent > Forbes, NSW > Condobolin, NSW

        GILLARD - Pre 1850, Brighton, England > Adelaide, SA > Sydney > Cobar, NSW

        HARDEY - Barrow Upon Humber - Lincolnshire

        CLIFFORD - pre 1860, Oddington, Gloucester > Young, NSW

        THOMAS, William - Devonshire/Cornwall > 1870-1900 - Bathurst/Orange, NSW

        HINGSTON - Devonshire/Cornwall

        DUNN - pre 1860 - Kinswinford (particularly Quarry Bank), Staffordshire.

        I hope the information I have given is not too vague, I would love to hear
        from anyone interested in these surnames and areas. Thanks

        Leoanie Bevan
        leroyt@...
      • Trudy Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , May 17, 2001
          Hello List,

          Posting my surname interests:-

          ALGAR
          DICKINSON (Cumberland)
          CASSON (Cumberland)

          Trudy Smith
          trudysmith@...
          Coldstream, Victoria, Australia

          ---

        • Dawn Maudlin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 17, 2001
            Hi Everyone

            I am trying to research the following names, can anyone be of help please?

            MAUDLIN - I have reached a brick wall on this one JOHN WILLIAM MAUDLIN was born abt 1856 place unknown died 1917 in Grays Essex
            ATTRIDGE - Jessie married John Maudlin parents George Attridge born abt 1836
            ELLIS - ELIZA mother of Jessie Attridge
            OUTEN - Rosa Louisa
            TAYLOR - John William married to Rosa Outen
            LIVERMOORE - Harriet Livermore mother of Rosa

            I have been concentrating on John William Maudlin and Jessie Elizabeth Attridge hence not a lot of information on other names. John William Maudlin was, apparently a Policeman (as stated on marriage certificate for his marriage to second wife - Jessie Attridge) unfortunately nothing has been found to confirm this, it is possible that he was born Durham or surrounding areas. Awaiting 1901 census to be able to confirm this.

            Thanks for any help anyone can give to me.
            Dawn Maudlin

          • Cliff Pavey
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 17, 2001
              I was interested to see the name OUTEN mentioned. I presume yours are in
              England.

              I have a William and his sister Lillian Maude in one of my trees in
              Australia. Did any of yours migrate?

              Lyndall
              > I am trying to research the following names, can anyone be of help please?
              >
              > MAUDLIN - I have reached a brick wall on this one JOHN WILLIAM MAUDLIN was
              born abt 1856 place unknown died 1917 in Grays Essex
              > ATTRIDGE - Jessie married John Maudlin parents George Attridge born abt
              1836
              > ELLIS - ELIZA mother of Jessie Attridge
              > OUTEN - Rosa Louisa
              > TAYLOR - John William married to Rosa Outen
              > LIVERMOORE - Harriet Livermore mother of Rosa
              >
              > I have been concentrating on John William Maudlin and Jessie Elizabeth
              Attridge hence not a lot of information on other names. John William Maudlin
              was, apparently a Policeman (as stated on marriage certificate for his
              marriage to second wife - Jessie Attridge) unfortunately nothing has been
              found to confirm this, it is possible that he was born Durham or surrounding
              areas. Awaiting 1901 census to be able to confirm this.

              > Thanks for any help anyone can give to me.
              > Dawn Maudlin

            • Dawn Maudlin
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 19, 2001
                I am afraid I do not know if any OUTEN's migrated as yet. Possibly will find
                that they did later on.
                Dawn

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/