Re: Passenger Ship

  • Janet Reakes
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2000
      > From: "Sjaan" <sjhunter@...>
      >
      > Hi there ----- Could SKS please tell me where I can get information on a
      > Ship which left England approx 15th August 1922 , pulled into Colombo on
      the
      > 11th October 1922 , and arrived in Fremantle West Australia on the 27th
      > October 1922 . I do not know the name of the ship and that is the problem
      .
      > Maybe some-one had a relative who arrived on the same ship . Thanking you
      in
      > anticipation ,

      Fremantle was the port for customs. There would be shipping records via
      Harbour master reports, daily newspapers and also the WA Gen Society are
      indexing these records. Contact them they are on the Web at
      http://cleo.murdoch.edu.au/~wags
      Of course Maritime Museums may be able to help and other listers can give
      you help, although this may have been better posted to the
      australiangenealogy list.
      Good luck!
      JANET REAKES