KNIGHTHOOD

  • Mary Millar
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9 5:24 PM
      Dear Friends,
      Is there anyone on this list who could enlighten me how to search for a *supposed*
      knighthood.
      My ggrandfather was a member of Victorian Parliament from 1887-1902 and stories have come
      down though several branches of the family that he was to be knighted but unfortunately
      died (1902) before it could be effected.
      I expect there is a protocol involved i.e. submissions would come from A, who would submit
      to B, investigated by C, recommended by D, verified by E, etc. etc.
      Some time ago I contacted Victorian Parliament and Canberra for how to go about this
      research but received no helpful replies. Is there someone in a little office here in
      Australia who handles this and then sends to another little office in England?
      Any help listers could give me would be most appreciated.
      Regards,
      Mary of Melbourne

      FOSTER, Coventry - PRITCHARD,Coventry - GEOFFREY, Middlesex - ORCHARD, Warminster,
      Wiltshire STUART,Glasgow, - EDWARDS,England, GREATZ,NSW - PFITZNER, Prussia
      WILLIAMS,CUNNINGHAM, HUMPHREYS,MULVIHILL - All to Victoria Australia
    • remalc@idl.net.au
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2001
        hi mary
        have you spoken to your local member, both state & federal?
        they would be aware of the protocol sequences
        best wishes

        At 10:24 am 10/05/01 +1000, you wrote:
        >Dear Friends,
        >Is there anyone on this list who could enlighten me how to search for a
        >*supposed*
        >knighthood.
        >My ggrandfather was a member of Victorian Parliament from 1887-1902 and
        >stories have come
        >down though several branches of the family that he was to be knighted but
        >unfortunately
        >died (1902) before it could be effected.
        >I expect there is a protocol involved i.e. submissions would come from A,
        >who would submit
        >to B, investigated by C, recommended by D, verified by E, etc. etc.
        >Some time ago I contacted Victorian Parliament and Canberra for how to go
        >about this
        >research but received no helpful replies. Is there someone in a little
        >office here in
        >Australia who handles this and then sends to another little office in England?
        >Any help listers could give me would be most appreciated.
        >Regards,
        >Mary of Melbourne
        >
        >FOSTER, Coventry - PRITCHARD,Coventry - GEOFFREY, Middlesex - ORCHARD,
        >Warminster,
        >Wiltshire STUART,Glasgow, - EDWARDS,England, GREATZ,NSW - PFITZNER, Prussia
        >WILLIAMS,CUNNINGHAM, HUMPHREYS,MULVIHILL - All to Victoria Australia
        >

        >Community email addresses:
        >
        >Shortcut URL to this page:

      • Mary Millar
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2001
          Dear ?
          Thank you for the suggestion, and no I have not asked either of them, but will now do so.