Concern RE list please

  • Daniel Usmar
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2001
      This is an email sent by me on behalf of my mother. Message as follows:

      "The virus arrived on my laptop via a reply from the english research group.
      I did advise the sender at the time.
      Nutters Ink Ltd. is a perfectly legitimate business name. I deal in books
      and collectables by mail order and e-mail, researching my family tree being
      one of my main hobbies.
      We are company no. 3390733, registered at Companies House, Cardiff, on 23
      June 1997. I also advertise in the Book and Magazine Collector magazine
      (for which references must be given), and have no complaints from customers.
      Our snail-mail address is:
      91 Brooklands Rd
      Larkfield, Aylesford,
      Kent, ME20 6RR

      This message is sent via my son's university PC, he is also sending a
      message to the person who sent the original message. Having cast aspertions
      on my business name - just on the basis of what we chose to call ourselves
      back in 1995 when we set the business up - I think an apology is in order.

      Margaret Usmar

      NB: I do not send attachments. I prefer snail-mail for documents, photos,
      etc."

      Message ends.

      REPLY FROM LIST OWNER:
      Thank you for this explanation Margaret and you will be re-admitted. However, your Nutter name and the fact a virus came with it was taken as suspect. In order to protect the hundreds of people on this list I had to make the decsion to ban you and also one other lady, but accept that you did not originate this
      email as it seems to be on a few lists and I and a few others have received similar types of emailS with this virus attached.
      So there is a reason behind this, but hopefully its now cleared up and we should all watch out for emails with `attachments' There was no offence against your business as we have no idea what people are involved in unless they post notices about it.
      All the best
      Janet