NON GENEALOGY - COMPUTER INFO HELP

  • jreakes
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2001
      BlankI have decided to change frm OUTLOOK EXPRESS TO NETSCAPE NAVIGATOR. Could sme kind soul out there please explain to me how I can do this without loosing my Email folders, address books etc.
      I need it step by step. A dummies guide.
      I originally had Netscape and liked it better, but the new computer was already loaded with IE
      Its my mail box I worry about the most, if it can be transferred without any problem.
      My email is
      jreakes@...
      Please don't email me any attachments at preent
      Thanks
      Janet

    • Alece Egan
      Message 2 of 2 , May 14, 2001
        When I changed email programs I didn't lost the old things in inbox but have
        to go to other program to read them. I could not get the address book to
        import to the new program. I had to do it the hard way, which was to prnt
        the whole address book and then key the addresses into the new one.

        That's not what computers should be about!!

        Alece Egan, Belen, NM

        FORTUNATELY, SOME KIND LISTERS EMAILED ME DIRECTLY THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CHANGE FROM OUTLOOK EXPRESS TO
        NETSCAPE AND I WAS ABLE TO TRANSFER MY ADDRESS BOOK, BUT WITH MY MAIL BOX I HAVE SOMEHOW RETRIEVED THE ONE I HAD IN 1999 WHICH I THOUGHT I LOST WHEN I CHANGED SETTINGS
        NOW I JUST HAVE TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET MY RECENT MAIL BOX FILE TRANSFERRED. IT CAN OBVIOUSLY BE DONE AND BY ALL MEANS IT WAS SIMPLE ONCE TOLD.'
        BYE
        JANET