CONCERN RE LIST -PLEASE READ

  • jreakes@familytreeresearch.net
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2001
      Hi everyone.
      I am a little concerned as I have had about 4 emails with possible
      viruses emailed directly to me from a person on the list.
      I have stopped about a year ago any attachments going through the
      list. In case you receive an email relating to the list asking you to
      refer to the attachment DONT!!!!! Its probably a virus.
      This is the person
      nuttersink@...
      Margaret Usmer
      Notice the nutters part of the email.
      She has been banned from the list but DON'T OPEN ANY EMAILS like
      this. It may only come to me. But just incase. Be Careful!!!
      Janet
      List Owner
    • GLORIA HADFIELD
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2001
        Thanks Janet,

        I received this yesterday and was suspicious and deleted it. So it is
        happening to other list members. The name was the same the attachment is
        labelled hamster.ZIP.

        It came as a reply to a message I sent to some-one else on the list. It is
        now permanently deleted.

        Gloria
        > I am a little concerned as I have had about 4 emails with possible
        > viruses emailed directly to me from a person on the list.
        > I have stopped about a year ago any attachments going through the
        > list. In case you receive an email relating to the list asking you to
        > refer to the attachment DONT!!!!! Its probably a virus.
        > This is the person
        > nuttersink@...
        > Margaret Usmer
        > Notice the nutters part of the email.
        > She has been banned from the list but DON'T OPEN ANY EMAILS like
        > this. It may only come to me. But just incase. Be Careful!!!
        > Janet
        > List Owner

      • Sue Henry
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2001
          Dear janet
          I just sent you an email from your webpage thanking you for the virus alert.
          I mentioned a Jenny Easlea, I just received an email from her, she said she opened an attachment like me with out thinking, she was not sending me any thing, she said she is all sorted out now . I hope so .

          I am a little concerned as I have had about 4 emails with possible
          viruses emailed directly to me from a person on the list.
          I have stopped about a year ago any attachments going through the
          list. In case you receive an email relating to the list asking you to
          refer to the attachment DONT!!!!! Its probably a virus.
          This is the person
          nuttersink@...
          Margaret Usmer
          Notice the nutters part of the email.
          She has been banned from the list but DON'T OPEN ANY EMAILS like
          this. It may only come to me. But just incase. Be Careful!!!
          Janet
          List Owner

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Community email addresses: