Searchable Index

  • G & J Cunningham
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2001
      Hi all,

      Just wanted to let you know that I have updated my index of Victoria
      Australia newspapers and the first four months of the Victorian Police
      Gazette (1854). The index has references to everything mentioned in either
      publications. I'm trying to get a sample of as many Victorian newspapers as
      I can, including advertisements up to about 1900. There are only 34,000
      extracts indexed at this stage, with the full date, page and publication
      given. The Police Gazette has reported deserters from ships in Melbourne as
      well as absconded convicts from Tasmania.
      You can find it at www.oldnewscopy.com Hope you are lucky.
      Cheers
      Jacqui
      Central Victoria.
    • GLORIA HADFIELD
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3 12:14 AM
        Hi, I have tried to connect to this site but am unable to could you please
        check the URL?

        regards

        Gloria
        > Just wanted to let you know that I have updated my index of Victoria
        > Australia newspapers and the first four months of the Victorian Police
        > Gazette (1854). The index has references to everything mentioned in
        either
        > publications. I'm trying to get a sample of as many Victorian newspapers
        as
        > I can, including advertisements up to about 1900. There are only 34,000
        > extracts indexed at this stage, with the full date, page and publication
        > given. The Police Gazette has reported deserters from ships in Melbourne
        as
        > well as absconded convicts from Tasmania.
        > You can find it at www.oldnewscopy.com Hope you are lucky.
        > Cheers
        > Jacqui
        > Central Victoria.

      • C.A.H.
        Message 3 of 3 , May 7 4:54 PM
          message from Janet - MUST CONFESS I DON'T KNOW WHETHER YOU ARE POSTING A MESSAGE OR UNSUBSCRIBING. IF UNSUBSCRIBING JUST CLICK ON THE CORRECT URL AT THE BOTTOM OF THE MESSAGE. THANKS

          UNSUBSRIBE