my names - AXTELL/FAUCKES

  • Sheila Quee
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2000
      Dear Janet

      Thought I'd better register my names if I want any feedback.

      William AXTELL married Mary Hannah, late TODD formerly BRAY. I don't know where or when. I'm guessing either Suffolk or Surrey.
      Mary had a daughter, Lina, from previous marriage.
      They had 2 sons born Isle of Wight - George Douglas b c 1877 and
      Archibald Alfred b 19August1879 (my grandfather)

      Archibald Alfred AXTELL m Ada Annie FAUCKES on 22August1908 at St. Andrews church, Bristol

      Thomas Elkanah FAUCKES m Annie Maria COLES on 25July1875 at St. Pauls church, Bristol. His father was Richard FAUCKES. Richard married twice, so who was Thomas' mother? Did Thomas have any siblings?

      Thomas & Maria had 8 children :- Ada Annie b c1877 (not registered but shows up on the 1881 census), Emily Mable(sic) b c1878, Thomas R.S. b c1880, Charlotte Valentine b c1882, Henry Elkanah b c1885, Charles b c1887, Alice Maud b c1890 and Elsie Olive b c 1892/3

      Is there anybody "out there" looking for these families too? If so, please contact me and I'll send greater detail to you

      Sheila Quee
      squee@...