Re: [englishresearch] Suggestions Please

  • jack
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24 1:04 AM
      Hi Jennifer,
      I cannot help you unfortunately, but if you do find out how to find your
      rellies, please let me know.
      I am starting to wonder if my ggfather fell off the pelican that flew him to
      Oz.
      Helen

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 14, 2001
        Dear Jennifer, Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I would go to a
        Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, family history library and ask
        them to find for you the church records that are available from their
        library for the Village called Winslade, in Hampshire, BD&M preferably and
        when the film comes, read it and find all your family members on it and go
        from there. The service is free except for a small fee for the film. They
        provide film readers, a comfortable place to work in and lots of other
        facilities besides being friendly. If you could have told me where you are
        in Oz I could point you in the right direction. Most big towns in Oz have a
        good quality Family History Centre if there is a church of ours there. You
        won't be pressed to join the church or have missionaries knocking on your
        doors as we are not allowed to proselyte among non members. It is the best
        genealogical source in the world with several million rolls of filmed
        records from all over the world, but particulary English records. Most
        parish, census, court and probate records are all on film and all different
        religous records too. I am a church member and the director of a FHC at
        Tamworth, NSW and have helped many non members. Please free to contact me if
        you need help. Remember, a faint heart never won the fair lady.Best wishes
        Fred.
        ----- >

      • Jennifer Burt
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 15, 2001
          Fred,
          Thanks for responding to my plea for help. My nearest FHC is in Canberra
          some 2 hours drive and with 4 littlies at foot it does not happen very
          often. I have heaps of copies from the Winslade registers, which is where I
          found all the births of the children, but it is the father that eludes to me
          !! I just need one tiny little clue to get me off and running again. But
          you are probably right, I need to go back and have another look and see if I
          have missed anything ....... I am becoming desperate <G> !!!

          Tamworth, place of my birth and that of my four children !!
          A lovely spot......... my mum is at Manilla. My descendants will have fun
          in years to come, trying to work out why all of my children were born there
          when I never actually lived there - when the last one was born we were
          living in Eden !!

          Again many thanks .... and will attempt to organise the kiddies ( when
          school returns) and venture to Canberra for the day ........... it is like
          organizing to take the whole family on holidays <vbg>

          kind regards
          Jennifer
        • Jennifer Burt
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 21, 2001