  • K. & R. Saltmarsh
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2001
      Help Hit brick wall,
      Can anyone out there help me locate where my husbands ggreatgrandfather may have come from. All we know is that he came from Yorkshire England. His name was Henry SALTMARSH. He was born 12th June 1819. Now we have written to History Societies in all sections of Yorkshire to see if we can locate his birth certificate but to no avail. We know he went to London in 1839 to board the ship Hooghly and came to Australia. He lived all his life in Sth Aust. and married 3 times. We believe he received some financial support from England. He was a very well educated man for that time period as when he came out he worked for a surveyor and later became a teacher and a lay preacher.

      Rosemary Saltmarsh
      Telowie S.A.