Re: [englishresearch] FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN CHAT

  • TERRANCE PARFITT
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2001
      Janet
      Forgive me making a suggestion. Have no idea what 'Brisbane Time' is. Sure that many of your overseas contacts in UK, rest of Europe. US would like to take part in your programme. Most people know what GMT is, either they are plus or minus, so if you just say time of your talk programme GMT hope they get it. Already missed one due to not understanding what time it was!
      This is not criticism, only trying to help
      Regards
      Terry Parfitt (ex Evercreech Som)

      ITS BEEN CONFUSING TO ME BELIEVE ME AS I RUN 3 CHAT SESSIONS NOW WITH PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD.
      BRISBANE DOES NOT HAVE DAY LIGHT SAVING WE ARE ON REAL TIME THAT IS GMT + 10hrs.
      MOUNTAIN TIME USA is 17hrs BEHIND US ie GMT -7
      ENGLAND IS OF COURSE 10 HRS BEHIND US
      THERE IS A SETTING ON YOUR COMPUTER SHOWING YOU THE TIME ZONES. SO YOU GO INTODAY SETTINGS CLICK ON CONTROL PANEL CLICK ON TIME/CLOCK? AND CLICK ON TIME ZONE
      Bye
      Janet