FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN CHAT

  • jreakes
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2001
      BlankI have been getting questions re time zones. To know what time zone you are in compared with my time zone of GMT = 10hrs go to SETTING on your computer click on control panel then click date time. click time zone and look up your zone. ie
      PACIFIC TIME US is -8GMT meaing 18hrs behind us.So if I set a chat for 7pm Brisbane time it is 1am in the morning.
      If I set a chat for 3pm in the afternoon here it will be 9pm at nght.
      NY time is GMT-4 meaning 14hrs behind so a 7pm chat would be 5am and a 3pm chat would be 1am
      So I will have a chat at 3pm BRISBANE TIME on My Australian List on this saturday for about 30mins
      and for the sake of you overseas people I will do 8.30am on SAT MORNING for my ENGLISH LIST for about 30mins and see how we go.
      That means for all you overseas people it should be early Friday evening/afternoon for the english list. Australians well depends whether you are in Sydney, ie 9.30 or 4pm or in Perth 5.30am or 12
      See how we go. Once again for about 30 minutes as I have done few of these this week and my fingers are sore keeping up with the chat :-)
      Janet
      List owner
      To get into chat click on your egroups/yahoo home page
      Bye
      Hope this works.
      Bye
      Janet

    • TERRANCE PARFITT
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2001
        Janet
        Forgive me making a suggestion. Have no idea what 'Brisbane Time' is. Sure that many of your overseas contacts in UK, rest of Europe. US would like to take part in your programme. Most people know what GMT is, either they are plus or minus, so if you just say time of your talk programme GMT hope they get it. Already missed one due to not understanding what time it was!
        This is not criticism, only trying to help
        Regards
        Terry Parfitt (ex Evercreech Som)

        ITS BEEN CONFUSING TO ME BELIEVE ME AS I RUN 3 CHAT SESSIONS NOW WITH PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD.
        BRISBANE DOES NOT HAVE DAY LIGHT SAVING WE ARE ON REAL TIME THAT IS GMT + 10hrs.
        MOUNTAIN TIME USA is 17hrs BEHIND US ie GMT -7
        ENGLAND IS OF COURSE 10 HRS BEHIND US
        THERE IS A SETTING ON YOUR COMPUTER SHOWING YOU THE TIME ZONES. SO YOU GO INTODAY SETTINGS CLICK ON CONTROL PANEL CLICK ON TIME/CLOCK? AND CLICK ON TIME ZONE
        Bye
        Janet