Re: Fiche readers

  • TERRANCE PARFITT
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2001
      Hi Janet
      Read your message about Fiche Readers. Realise they are expensive, but recd tips from a friend in UK where they can be bought '2nd hand' in Cambridge Friend bought one for 10GPB (sorry no Sterling sign on computer)
      Just lost everything about Family Research on computer, when is your 'chat-program' going to be?
      Would like to take part
      Regards
      Terry Parfitt, ex Evercreech/Bristol now Sweden

      Actually Terry its FILM readers not FICHE readers. Thanks anyway for your imput
      What time zone are you in. I am doing my next chat Saturday about 3.30 BRISBEN TIME (NOT SYDNEY TIME)

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2001
        Dear Janet
        U must think I am a PEST. Thought your first chat was yesterday but no access.
        U asked about time zones. Here in Sweden we are one hour ahead of GMT. It't B cold and lots of snow, how I envy your climate!
        Just about finished 'Memories of growing up in Evercreech'
        Hope this is 'off List' read you fam tree about Bristol but what is your connection with Evercreech?
        Have now established my Uncle George REAKES was half- brother with Grandfather's brother Charlie Hayes who farmed at Pecking Mill (just outside Evercreeech)
        Unfortunately I recently lost all my Family Research files. U kindly sent me connections with Hayes/Southway Reakes in Evercreech. Do you still have that message on your computer?Is it possible to repeat when U have time
        There was also a lady in OZ called COLE who had ancestors who married into the REAKES Family. Have U got her name and e-mail address?
        Best Regards
        ¨Terry Parfitt (ex Evercreech now Sweden)

> [...]
        > doesn’t interest us, however, it’s apparently a big deal in the USA.
        >
        > The Church has also now released Vol 1-15 of the Pedigree Resource
        > File. A miscellaneous goldmine of names in family tree lineage format.
        > I’m on CD ROM. Have you contributed yet? More about this in another
        > column.
        >
        > Lastly, I read about this site in Ancestor Magazine this month. It’s
        > worth paying a visit if you have Victorian ancestry as you may be in
        > line for a lost inheritance. Visit the site of the Public Trustee
        > Office at http://www.statetrustees.com.au and see if you are
        > eligible.
        >
        > Til next time, Happy Hunting
        > JANET REAKES, Accredited Genealogist GSU (Aust & England) DIP.Fam
        > Hist. Studies; Professional Genealogy and Adoption Counsellor and
        > Researcher; Author and Lecturer. PO Box 937, Hervey Bay Qld 4655

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: englishresearch@onelist.com
        Subscribe: englishresearch-subscribe@onelist.com

        Shortcut URL to this page:
        http://www.onelist.com/community/englishresearch

      • mike
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2001
          Hi Janet

          What is the time difference between Brisben and Illinois, USA????

          Thanks!
          Darla <<<<<<Illinois, USA
          We are Greenwich Meantime PLUS 10 hrs MTN TIME is 17 hours BEHIND us so whatever you are to Mountain time. So 12noon here on a Monday is 7pm Sunday night mountain time.
          Hope this helps
          Janet