Surname Interests BROOKE/RICHMOND, WRY

  • jrzgrl@altavista.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2000
      I am currently searching for information regarding my great-grandfather, HARRY BROOKE, born in LEEDS in 1872. I have not been too successful in my research thus far, but here is what I do have:

      My gg grandfather, WILLIAM BROOKE, was born in SHEFFIELD c. 1841.
      His wife, MARTHA (nee ?), was born in LEEDS c. 1844.
      Their children and approximate birth years:
      CLARA, 1864 HARRY, 1872
      WILLEY, 1865 ANNE, 1873
      MARY, 1868 FANNY, 1875
      BENJAMIN, 1870 EMILY, 1877
      HANNAH, 1871 FLORRY, 1879
      All children were born in LEEDS. This information was obtained from the 1881 census.

      My great-grandfather, Harry, married FANNY RICHMOND, also from LEEDS, in 1891.
      Fanny's father was GEORGE RICHMOND and his wife was MARY ELIZABETH nee ??). Both were born in BARNSLEY, c. 1848.

      Harry and Fanny came to the US c. 1907, possibly via Australia. I have a couple of old pictures indicating they were in Victoria with the inscription "The Orontes set sail 26-2-07". I don't know whether they returned to England after that or came straight to the US from there.

      ANY information OR suggestions that might help me in my search would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

      Regards,

      Linda Brooke Vible
      Williamsburg, Virginia USA