Re: NEW IGI

  • Judith Hall
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2001
      I dropped in to a couple of LDS centres to see how things work and
      discovered it's very PC oriented. What about us Apple Mac fanatics? Are
      we to be forced to use some ghastly Soft Windows/Virtual PC program in
      order to access the various CDs etc? Even the PAF program seems to have
      dropped off putting out a Mac version a while back as far as I can see.
      Roll on internet access I say, at least that way it becomes generic.
      Judith (Goldfinch) Hall

      yep judith! We are controlled by the world banks and big brothers. Gates doesn't have much in the way of control of Apple does he? Nothing much in genealogy goes for a MAC. Seems as if thats going the school way and PCs the genies way, We just get bulldozed into everything look at the GST how many voted for that?
      Anyway, sorry about that but even I have been conditioned to only think PC. :-)
      JANET
    • Judith Hall
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 19, 2001
        --- In englishresearch@y..., "Judith Hall" <glenidol@e...> wrote:
        > I dropped in to a couple of LDS centres to see how things work and
        > discovered it's very PC oriented. What about us Apple Mac fanatics? Are
        > we to be forced to use some ghastly Soft Windows/Virtual PC program in
        > order to access the various CDs etc? Even the PAF program seems to have
        > dropped off putting out a Mac version a while back as far as I can see.
        > Roll on internet access I say, at least that way it becomes generic.
        > Judith (Goldfinch) Hall
        >
        > yep judith! We are controlled by the world banks and big brothers. Gates doesn't have much in the way of control of Apple does he? Nothing much in genealogy goes for a MAC. Seems as if thats going the school way and PCs the genies way, We just get bulldozed into everything look at the GST how many voted for that?
        > Anyway, sorry about that but even I have been conditioned to only think PC. :-)
        > JANET

        Bill Gates has a lot to answer for! However one of our chatters
        mentioned Soft Windows to me and as I have a spare Mac I'll contemplate
        putting something like that on there - keep that awful windows stuff
        off my Mac!
        Jude