Thomas Matthew Kean

  • nvkronk@australis.aunz.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2001
      Could someone advise me how to find my gr gr grandfather's birth in
      Surrey. I have been unable to find him on IGI. He came to Australia
      approx. 1860 (can find no shipping records for him. From information
      he gave on his marriage and childrens birth certificates he was born
      between 1840 and 1846 and he said on the certificates he was born in
      Surrey England. He gave his parents names as Matthew Kean, Grocer and
      Maryann (maiden name unknown). He could write because he signed his
      marriage cerficate. He was a carpenter.

      CHECK KEENE KEEN spellings
      Search for an 1851 census index
      Look for Matthews marriage
      Look for apprenticeship papers.
      Chck to see if Mtathew and wife came too
      If he came to NSW, VIC and/or QLD his birthplace is given on every childs birth certificate s well as age, also on marriage cert

      EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE ADD THEIR SUGGESTIOONS