Beer/ Monkhouse/ Grimes-Harvey

  • Liane Hogan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2000
      I'm researching a number of branches of my tree - but the current one
      that I am stumped on is Mary BEER and Arthur Wallace MONKHOUSE

      Mary BEER married Arthur Wallace MONKHOUSE around 1884 in Barnstaple
      (or so his death certificate leads us to believe).

      Mary I believe was related in someway to William and George BEER of
      East Down near Barnstaple (brothers ??). I have a part date of 18 Aug
      for Mary's birthdate (family bible for her daughter) but no year
      recorded. I believe William died in 1912 (still checking that one)

      Arthur Wallace I believe was born around 1856 in Barnstaple as well -
      although I can find no record of this.

      Arthur Wallace and Mary moved to South Africa where he worked on the
      railroad. Children were Catherine Anne born pre 1886 (maybe in
      England), and Emma Louise 1886 (apparently on the way to South Africa -
      so I have no idea where to look up this information and confirm), and 2
      male children which were deceased by 1940. Any idea on how to confirm
      any of this - births weren't officially record in South Afica until
      1895.

      Catherine Ann married a Reginald Grimes-Harvey and had two children (no
      idea about dates - and would love to know if anybody else has
      information or a link)

      I have Arthur Wallace's death certificate - but no idea when Mary died.
      Anyone with ideas on how to obtain some of this information - I would
      dearly love to hear from you.

      Thanks

      Liane Hogan