Phillimores Atlas & Index of Parish Registers

  • Stuart Raymond
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2001
      Phillimores atlas and index of [English & Welsh]parish registers

      Where is Week St.Mary? Which parishes does it share its borders with?
      What period(s) do its surviving registers cover? Where are those
      registers indexed? These are essential questions all genealogists need
      answered, and the first place to look for the answers is 'Phillimore's
      atlas &
      index of parish registers', This volume juxtaposes county maps of the
      19th
      century with newly-drawn maps of parish and other ecclesiastical
      boundaries in the pre-1974 counties, so that it is easy to see which
      areas are covered by particular records. It also provides lists of the
      parishes in each county, indicating which registers survive, whether
      there are copies, and showing the coverage of major indexes. My copy of
      this volume is now getting somewhat dog-eared from constant use checking
      the locations of
      particular parishes. The 2nd edition has been completely revised by the
      editor, Cecil Humphery-Smith, director of the Institute of Heraldic &
      Genealogical Studies at Canterbury, and is an essential reference work
      for any serious genealogist with English or Welsh interests.
      Price £53.50 (including postage). Overseas (Airmail) £62.80, $A175.00.
      Email orders welcomed. Books will be sent airmail for payment on
      receipt. Payment accepted in Sterling, U.S. dollars or Australian
      dollars,
      preferably by personal cheque. Please inquire for Australian dollar and
      surface prices.

      Stuart Raymond, Genealogical Bibliographer, Publisher & Bookseller
      P.O.Box 35, Exeter, EX1 3YZ, U.K. stuart@...
      Ph.
      (01392) 252193
      Visit http://www.soft.net.uk/samjraymond/igb.htm for British
      genealogical
      books.
      To join the mailing list genealogyuk go to
      http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/genealogyuk
      To send messages, use genealogyuk@onelist.com
    • Margaret Usmar
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 27 5:32 AM
        Dear Stuart,

        Week St. Mary is in the English county of Cornwall, and is a tiny place. The
        largest towns are Bude (to the nw of Week St Mary), and Launceston some way
        to the SE of it. I might be able to get someone to photograph it for you
        (free of charge) if you want. Reply appreciated.

        Margaret Usmar

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2001
[...]

          Price £53.50 (including postage). Overseas (Airmail) £62.80, $US110.00;
          $A182.00.