Re: [englishresearch] MY BOOKS ON SPECIAL

  • Mal Hayes
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2000
      Janet,
      Can you suggest which book/s would be usefull with my search for descendants
      of my' lost grandmother' in England( ref. my email to you 11/11/00).
      thankyou.

      REPLY - Do you mean descendants or do you mean ancestors? ie ancestors are going back and descendants are coming forward including you.
      I have my HOW TO USE THE PARISH REGISTERS
      CERTIFICATES AND CENSUS
      An electronic (CD ROM) copy of MY HOW TO TRACE YOUR ENGLISH ANCESTORS.
      Any of the above could help.
    • Mal Hayes
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2001
        Janet,
        Although i'm interested in the ancestors,my priority at the moment are
        descendants.
        Could you tell me the price of the publications you mentioned, and does the
        book on parish registers include a map as i think this might help me get
        these locations i'm reading into perspective!
        thankyou

        HI,
        A LIST OF MY BOOKS IS PUBLISHED ON MY WEBPAGE
        MY PARISH REGISTER BOOK DOES HAVE A MAP BUT NOT PARISH MAPS. THEY ARE IN A BOOK CALLED `PHILLIMORES ATLAS OF ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND' YOU CN BUY THE MAPS INDIVIDUALLY, AND SOME LIKE YORKSHIRE ARE ON THE WEB
        Bye
        Janet