MY BOOKS ON SPECIAL

  • jreakes
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2000
      Blank
      GENEALOGY BOOKS

      & ACCESSORIES by Janet Reakes

      MAIL ORDER CHRISTMAS SPECIALS GST & POST

      ALL ARTICLES ARE REDUCED FOR TWO WEEKS ONLY til Dec 31

      THE A-Z OF GENEALOGY - A HANDBOOK. This is my foundation book with a little bit of everything It is packed with useful genealogical information in a simple A-Z format. It is a GREAT handbook 'and bible' for the family tree researcher, It complements the others. Cost $12p&p.

      CERTIFICATES, CENSUS AND MUSTERS - AUSTRALIA & THE BRITISH ISLES. A guide to CERTIFICATES, what's on them, etc and the census records showing available years, contents and availability as well as their usefulness in tracing the family tree. Cost $14p&p.

      HELPI MY ANCESTOR'S IRISH AND I�M STUCK! Cost $15.50 p&p - Just the answer for all of you with Irish ancestry. Lots of clues to get unstuck

      HOW TO USE THE IGI AND WILLS. An in-depth look at using the IGI. Its usages, abuses and limitations. Lots of helpful hints to make the IGI work for you. Also covers the usefulness and availability of wills. Cost $14.50 p&p.

      THE LAST LAUGH. A fun look at the amusing grave stones, pansh registers, newspapers and will entries. Great Gift Idea! Cost $12 p&p.

      OVERSEAS RESEARCH FROM AUSTRALIA NON BRITISH ISLES. A general look at researching in foreign countries and using the LDS libraries. Cost $14.00 p&p.

      HOW TO USE THE PARISH REGISTERS - AUSTRALIA AND THE BRITISH ISLES.. Covers research before civil registration. What records are available and how to access them, content, what to do when things go wrong etc. Cost $16.00 p&p.

      PROFESSIONAL GENEALOGISTS - HOW TO BE ONE. HOW TO FIND ONE AND HOW TO USE ONE. A guide for anyone interested in doing genealogy research as a pan time or full time job, and for anyone wanting to use the services of a researcher, Cost $15 p&p.

      MY ANCESTOR WAS SCOTTISH - HOW CAN I FIND
      OUT MORE ABOUT HIM - ~ Cost $14 p&p.

      SHORT CUTS AND MONEY SAVING IDEAS IN GENEALOGY. A vital book for anyone wanting to save time and money. Shows lots of ways to get cheaper certificates or research. IT IS NOT A BEGINNERS BOOK, but will complement the other "HOW TO" titles to save you a fortune. Cost $15 p&p.

      HOW TO TRACE YOUR FAMILY TREE AND NOT GET STUCK ON A BRANCH.

      A beginners guide to research in Australia and New Zealand. Ideal for the person starting off. Plain and simple to understand. $19 p&p.

      HOW TO WRITE THE FAMILY STORY Ideas on how to construct your ancestors' lifestyles and how to write it out for future generations. Cost $21 p&p.

      HOW TO TRACE YOUR CONVICT ANCESTORS. Cost

      $18 p&p. REVISED 1999

      Everything you need to know About tracing your convicts.

      HOW TO TRACE YOUR ENGLISH ANCESTORS

      (INCLUDING WALES). BEING REPRINTED �Due soon.

      Cd edition (Electronic version ) $16 inc post

      HOW TO TRACE YOUR IRISH ANCESTORS. Cost $18 p&p.

      HOW TO TRACE YOUR MISSING ANCESTORS, WHETHER LIVING DEAD OR ADOPTED. Revised April 2000. Brilliant book for solving your research problems $18 inc p&p

      TRACING & WRITING A FAMILY STORY 45 Activities & Black line masters - a school Teachers Book for 8-14yrs Fulfils required curriculum. $9 p&p. ON SPECIAL

      HE MUST HAVE SWUM tracing your ancestors arrival in Australia. Lots of ideas to help those having difficulty in tracing their ancestors arrival Cost $14 p&p.

      THE INTERNET, COMPUTERS & GENEALOGY - Australian produced book 8 pages of hot sites, emails, news-groups, how to select a server etc. by Malcolm Goddard & Janet Reakes. Cost $15 p&p.

      THE PICK OF THE HOT WEBSITES FOR GENEALOGISTS. Approx 1000 of the best websites for people in Australia to trace their Australian and overseas ancestry. $12 inc post

      (also available on floppy disk in WORD 97-same cost)

      HOW TO TRACE YOUR MARYBOROUGH ANCESTORS includes nearly 20,000 immigrants plus 4 other indexes. Cost $23 p&p

      GENEALOGY STATIONERY KIT. 160 pages of all the necessary forms and charts to display your family tree. A4 size. To be used with an archival ring binder and plastic copy-safe envelopes or 'sheet protectors'. Cost $24 p&p.

      POCKET WORKBOOKS - 4 Titles: 1. Australia. 2. British Isles Census and IGI, 3. ;Combination of 1 & 2,

      4. St Catherine's House indexes, These pocket A5 sized workbooks take the strain out of lugging all your genealogy with you to libraries etc. They are like a mini stationery kit, Cost $8 inc p&p

      Dot Screen for reproducing photographs on a photocopying machine. Does not wear out. Cost $10 p&p.

      Filter Screen � for reproducing faint printing on a photocopying machine. Cost $5 inc p&p

      VIDEOS by Janet Reakes

      FIVE TITLES. I, Australia and Beginners. 2. England & Wales. 3, Other Sources. 4. ;Scotland & Ireland. 5, How to Write the Family Story, SOME TITLES OUT OF STOCK

      ;All VHS & 3 hrs long. Cost: $15 p&p,

      MICROFICHE AVAILABLE

      NSW Orphan School Index 1817-1833 An index of names mentioned in petitions, school admissions and discharge records. Gives good details on the origins and family of many of the children. not all of whom were technically orphans. Cost: $5 fiche

      Evercreech Somerset Parish Register Index 1540-1881. An index of births. deaths and marriages for Evercreech. Arranged alphabetically. Cost: $9 - 3 fiche

      1766 IRISH RELIGIOUS CENSUS PART 1. An index of over I 1,000 entries giving the name of the head of the family, religion and townland or parish of residence. Covers a mixture of counties from the Tenison Groves Manuscripts. Part 2 not yet started. Cost $20 p&p

      MISCELLANEOUS CERTIFICATES COLLECTION. An index of the almost 7.000 birth. death & marriage certificates held at my centre Near!y all information from the certificates have been extracted & included,

      Volume ! - Cost $15 p&p

      COMBINED ENGLISH, IRISH & CELTIC CONTACT REGISTER. The three contact register books have been combined to make one index of submitted names that people are researching in these areas. it includes the addresses of the submitters Cost: $5- 3 Fiche

      ROYAL IRISH CONSTABULARY INDEX Nearly 80.000 names Gives name. age. birth county or country. martial status, year of enlistment, death or emigration details and film number to access, through LDS libraries, Also included are people who applied to join but were rejected or left within a short time. Part 1 - 1816-1881 & Part 2 - 1882-1921 Cost $36 p&p for full set

      RELATIONS INDEX OF IMMIGRANTS TO NSW - 1848-1879 Part I -1848-1855: Part 2 - 1856-1

      Part 3 -18t~3-1879 Contains the name of nearly 25.000 people, indexed by the name of the immigrants as well as by the name of the relative. An extremely useful index allowing you Is see if your ancestors had relative already here in Australia. information inctudes name of immtgrant. ship. relative and relationship Cost: $40 inc post

      DICTIONARY OF QUEENSLANDERS -Past & Present 3 Volumes but only Volume 1 left..

      HUGE DISCOUNT TO CLEAR STOCK $8 inc post!!!!!!

      CD-ROM's:

      ENGLISH CERTIFICATES & CENSUS -CORRESPONDENCE COURSE. Includes a fully updated electronic version of my book HOW TO TRACE YOUR ENGLISH ANCESTORS. Self paced course with loads of useful instructions. TEACH YOURSELF . Cost $50 inc GST and post. PC only not MAC. Several formats as well as WORD 97.

      AVAILABLE FROM:

      Janet REAKES

      PO Box 937 HERVEY BAY OLD 4655
      Tel/Fax 0741 284 458 Emaii: jreakes@familytreeresearch net

      CREDIT CARD DETAILS

      Number: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

      Exp date / Card type: _ _ _- VISA / M/C B/C AMEX

      Circle the products required.

      Do you need a GST INVOICE? YES NO

      POST TO:

      Name:

      ADDRESS:

    • Mal Hayes
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2000
        Janet,
        Can you suggest which book/s would be usefull with my search for descendants
        of my' lost grandmother' in England( ref. my email to you 11/11/00).
        thankyou.

        REPLY - Do you mean descendants or do you mean ancestors? ie ancestors are going back and descendants are coming forward including you.
        I have my HOW TO USE THE PARISH REGISTERS
        CERTIFICATES AND CENSUS
        An electronic (CD ROM) copy of MY HOW TO TRACE YOUR ENGLISH ANCESTORS.
        Any of the above could help.
      • Mal Hayes
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 14, 2001
          Janet,
          Although i'm interested in the ancestors,my priority at the moment are
          descendants.
          Could you tell me the price of the publications you mentioned, and does the
          book on parish registers include a map as i think this might help me get
          these locations i'm reading into perspective!
          thankyou

          HI,
          A LIST OF MY BOOKS IS PUBLISHED ON MY WEBPAGE
          MY PARISH REGISTER BOOK DOES HAVE A MAP BUT NOT PARISH MAPS. THEY ARE IN A BOOK CALLED `PHILLIMORES ATLAS OF ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND' YOU CN BUY THE MAPS INDIVIDUALLY, AND SOME LIKE YORKSHIRE ARE ON THE WEB
          Bye
          Janet