Re: [englishresearch] APOLOGIES

  • TERRANCE PARFITT
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 22, 2000
      Dear readers
      I hope that I am using the correct address
      to send you all an apology for my stupid message. I thought I was writing to Janet personally, but I should not have sent it anyway. Read below.
      This is especially to codycall/win Collins Nambur Qld, Leanne Mc. Guiness, Kerrie Rau and Robert Farrell, Lois in Western Australia, others,and, not least Janet Reakes personally.
      I apologise most sincerely, sorry!
      Background:
      I underwent major heart surgery in May when I had a by-pass, new heart valve, and an artificial aorta inplanted. As I can not move round much anymore, still very breathless, and probably new operation, which we don't know the outcome of, the only joys I have had are working on my stamp collection and looking into my family history. All of my family have died. This is no excuse for my letter, but
      just past 60 I am impulsive and get frustrated when nothing seems to happen.
      I have the greatest respect for Janet and all her work and am very sorry for any offence I may have caused, it was not intended.
      I stumbled on Janet's homepage for Evercreech where I grew up before moving to Sweden in 1965. Unfortunately I have not had the priveledge of listening to one of her seminars, which I would like to have done. Now my travelling days are over.
      Janet is running a business and can understand that she gives priority to people paying for her services, which is correct.
      To all of you who read this list I am very sorry. Please forgive a stupid old man!
      Regards
      Terry Parfitt
    • Annie, Bill and Liam Stuart
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 22, 2000
        I second this and I'm sure many others feel the same way.
        I have read many of Janet's books and I really don't know what I would have
        done without them especially when I was a newbie.
        The books are clear and concise with great touches of humour.
        Keep up your great work Janet and just ignore this person.
        You are an inspiration to us all.
        Best wishes
        Annie Stuart
        billannieliam@...

        > Janet
        >
        > I know I appreciate your time with this group and I
        > am sure there are many more out there who do as
        > well. Keep up the good work and keep smiling:-)
        >
        > Lois in Western Australia

      • Annie, Bill and Liam Stuart
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 23, 2000
          Hello Terry,
          Your message brought tears to my eyes and I'm sorry things are hard for
          you at this time.
          You must be very worried and it's quite understandable that you feel
          frustrated.
          I have the last four years of the Genealogical Research Directory and if
          you like to send me the names you are interested in and the areas they come
          from-town and/or counry plus country I will look them up for you.
          Maybe other listers can also offer Terry some help.
          It takes a big person to admit a mistake.
          Best wishes
          Annie Stuart
          billannieliam@...

          > I hope that I am using the correct address
          > to send you all an apology for my stupid message. I thought I was writing
          to Janet personally, but I should not have sent it anyway. Read below.
          > This is especially to codycall/win Collins Nambur Qld, Leanne Mc. Guiness,
          Kerrie Rau and Robert Farrell, Lois in Western Australia, others,and, not
          least Janet Reakes personally.
          > I apologise most sincerely, sorry!
          > Background:
          > I underwent major heart surgery in May when I had a by-pass, new heart
          valve, and an artificial aorta inplanted. As I can not move round much
          anymore, still very breathless, and probably new operation, which we don't
          know the outcome of, the only joys I have had are working on my stamp
          collection and looking into my family history. All of my family have died.
          This is no excuse for my letter, but
          > just past 60 I am impulsive and get frustrated when nothing seems to
          happen.
          > I have the greatest respect for Janet and all her work and am very sorry
          for any offence I may have caused, it was not intended.
          > I stumbled on Janet's homepage for Evercreech where I grew up before
          moving to Sweden in 1965. Unfortunately I have not had the priveledge of
          listening to one of her seminars, which I would like to have done. Now my
          travelling days are over.
          > Janet is running a business and can understand that she gives priority to
          people paying for her services, which is correct.
          > To all of you who read this list I am very sorry. Please forgive a stupid
          old man!
          > Regards
          > Terry Parfitt

        • Kerrie Rau & Robert Farrell
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 24, 2000
            Well done Terry,
            it takes a brave person to admit error and then apologize, and you are it.
            Well done. Apology accepted, lets now get on with our family histories :o)

            Kerrie

            > Dear readers
            > I hope that I am using the correct address
            > to send you all an apology for my stupid message. I thought I was writing
            to Janet personally, but I should not have sent it anyway. Read below.
            > This is especially to codycall/win Collins Nambur Qld, Leanne Mc. Guiness,
            Kerrie Rau and Robert Farrell, Lois in Western Australia, others,and, not
            least Janet Reakes personally.
            > I apologise most sincerely, sorry!
            > Background:
            > I underwent major heart surgery in May when I had a by-pass, new heart
            valve, and an artificial aorta inplanted. As I can not move round much
            anymore, still very breathless, and probably new operation, which we don't
            know the outcome of, the only joys I have had are working on my stamp
            collection and looking into my family history. All of my family have died.
            This is no excuse for my letter, but
            > just past 60 I am impulsive and get frustrated when nothing seems to
            happen.
            > I have the greatest respect for Janet and all her work and am very sorry
            for any offence I may have caused, it was not intended.
            > I stumbled on Janet's homepage for Evercreech where I grew up before
            moving to Sweden in 1965. Unfortunately I have not had the priveledge of
            listening to one of her seminars, which I would like to have done. Now my
            travelling days are over.
            > Janet is running a business and can understand that she gives priority to
            people paying for her services, which is correct.
            > To all of you who read this list I am very sorry. Please forgive a stupid
            old man!
            > Regards
            > Terry Parfitt

          • codycoll
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 24, 2000
              Dear Terry, just a quick note to say hello, glad everything is OK again.
              Where do you live? Are you housebound?
              I am semi housebound, had a fall about 9 yrs ago, damaged back, try to cope
              without painkillers, somedays worse than others. Pc is a help don"t you
              think? Anyway if you would like to exchange hints, notes etc please
              reply.Keep chin up.Win

              PLEASE CORRESPOND DIRECTLY WITH EACH OTHER DIRECTLY. NICE TO SEE SOME FRIENDLINESS AGAIN. ALL OTHER EMAILS RE TERRY PLEASE CONTACT EACH OTHER DIRECTLY. THANKS JANET