Re: [englishresearch] APOLOGIES

  • Lois
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 20, 2000
      Janet

      I know I appreciate your time with this group and I
      am sure there are many more out there who do as
      well. Keep up the good work and keep smiling:-)

      Lois in Western Australia

      <snip>> -----

      > DEAR TERRY,
      > I AM AMAZED AT THE COMMENTS IN YOUR LETTER - AND
      AS YOU HAVE PLACED THIS EMAIL ON A PUBLIC LIST I
      WILL RESPOND WITH A PUBLIC ANSWER.

      <snip>
      > I RUN LISTS LIKE THIS -WHICH ARE QUITE TIME
      CONSUMING - TO HELP OTHERS.
      > MY CLIENTS WHO PAY ME FOR MY SERVICES RIGHTLY GET
      MY ATTENTION FIRST.
      > SO NOW I HAVE SAID THIS I WILL STILL SEND YOU SOME
      INFORMATION BUT NOT YET AS I STILL HAVEN'T DONE MY
      GST AND I HAVE A BACKLOG OF WORK FROM BEING AWAY.
      > OF COURSE IF YOU PAY SOMETHING YOU'LL GET ATTENDED
      TO SOONER, AND IF YOU CAN'T WAIT THEN I WILL
      UNDERSTAND YOU LOOKING ELSEWHERE
      > REGARDS
      > JANET
      > THE PUBLIC SERVANT

    • Kerrie Rau & Robert Farrell
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 21, 2000
        Here Here. To Janets comments. I too am waiting for somthing Terry, but I
        don't mind waiting. Give the lady a break!!!

        Kerrie

        WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR KERRIE? REFRESH MY MEMORY
        JANET
      • TERRANCE PARFITT
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 22, 2000
          Dear readers
          I hope that I am using the correct address
          to send you all an apology for my stupid message. I thought I was writing to Janet personally, but I should not have sent it anyway. Read below.
          This is especially to codycall/win Collins Nambur Qld, Leanne Mc. Guiness, Kerrie Rau and Robert Farrell, Lois in Western Australia, others,and, not least Janet Reakes personally.
          I apologise most sincerely, sorry!
          Background:
          I underwent major heart surgery in May when I had a by-pass, new heart valve, and an artificial aorta inplanted. As I can not move round much anymore, still very breathless, and probably new operation, which we don't know the outcome of, the only joys I have had are working on my stamp collection and looking into my family history. All of my family have died. This is no excuse for my letter, but
          just past 60 I am impulsive and get frustrated when nothing seems to happen.
          I have the greatest respect for Janet and all her work and am very sorry for any offence I may have caused, it was not intended.
          I stumbled on Janet's homepage for Evercreech where I grew up before moving to Sweden in 1965. Unfortunately I have not had the priveledge of listening to one of her seminars, which I would like to have done. Now my travelling days are over.
          Janet is running a business and can understand that she gives priority to people paying for her services, which is correct.
          To all of you who read this list I am very sorry. Please forgive a stupid old man!
          Regards
          Terry Parfitt
        • Annie, Bill and Liam Stuart
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 22, 2000
            I second this and I'm sure many others feel the same way.
            I have read many of Janet's books and I really don't know what I would have
            done without them especially when I was a newbie.
            The books are clear and concise with great touches of humour.
            Keep up your great work Janet and just ignore this person.
            You are an inspiration to us all.
            Best wishes
            Annie Stuart
            billannieliam@...

            > Janet
            >
            > I know I appreciate your time with this group and I
            > am sure there are many more out there who do as
            > well. Keep up the good work and keep smiling:-)
            >
            > Lois in Western Australia

          • Annie, Bill and Liam Stuart
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 23, 2000
              Hello Terry,
              Your message brought tears to my eyes and I'm sorry things are hard for
              you at this time.
              You must be very worried and it's quite understandable that you feel
              frustrated.
              I have the last four years of the Genealogical Research Directory and if
              you like to send me the names you are interested in and the areas they come
              from-town and/or counry plus country I will look them up for you.
              Maybe other listers can also offer Terry some help.
              It takes a big person to admit a mistake.
              Best wishes
              Annie Stuart
              billannieliam@...

              > I hope that I am using the correct address
              > to send you all an apology for my stupid message. I thought I was writing
              to Janet personally, but I should not have sent it anyway. Read below.
              > This is especially to codycall/win Collins Nambur Qld, Leanne Mc. Guiness,
              Kerrie Rau and Robert Farrell, Lois in Western Australia, others,and, not
              least Janet Reakes personally.
              > I apologise most sincerely, sorry!
              > Background:
              > I underwent major heart surgery in May when I had a by-pass, new heart
              valve, and an artificial aorta inplanted. As I can not move round much
              anymore, still very breathless, and probably new operation, which we don't
              know the outcome of, the only joys I have had are working on my stamp
              collection and looking into my family history. All of my family have died.
              This is no excuse for my letter, but
              > just past 60 I am impulsive and get frustrated when nothing seems to
              happen.
              > I have the greatest respect for Janet and all her work and am very sorry
              for any offence I may have caused, it was not intended.
              > I stumbled on Janet's homepage for Evercreech where I grew up before
              moving to Sweden in 1965. Unfortunately I have not had the priveledge of
              listening to one of her seminars, which I would like to have done. Now my
              travelling days are over.
              > Janet is running a business and can understand that she gives priority to
              people paying for her services, which is correct.
              > To all of you who read this list I am very sorry. Please forgive a stupid
              old man!
              > Regards
              > Terry Parfitt

            • Kerrie Rau & Robert Farrell
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 24, 2000
                Well done Terry,
                it takes a brave person to admit error and then apologize, and you are it.
                Well done. Apology accepted, lets now get on with our family histories :o)

                Kerrie

                > Dear readers
                > I hope that I am using the correct address
                > to send you all an apology for my stupid message. I thought I was writing
                to Janet personally, but I should not have sent it anyway. Read below.
                > This is especially to codycall/win Collins Nambur Qld, Leanne Mc. Guiness,
                Kerrie Rau and Robert Farrell, Lois in Western Australia, others,and, not
                least Janet Reakes personally.
                > I apologise most sincerely, sorry!
                > Background:
                > I underwent major heart surgery in May when I had a by-pass, new heart
                valve, and an artificial aorta inplanted. As I can not move round much
                anymore, still very breathless, and probably new operation, which we don't
                know the outcome of, the only joys I have had are working on my stamp
                collection and looking into my family history. All of my family have died.
                This is no excuse for my letter, but
                > just past 60 I am impulsive and get frustrated when nothing seems to
                happen.
                > I have the greatest respect for Janet and all her work and am very sorry
                for any offence I may have caused, it was not intended.
                > I stumbled on Janet's homepage for Evercreech where I grew up before
                moving to Sweden in 1965. Unfortunately I have not had the priveledge of
                listening to one of her seminars, which I would like to have done. Now my
                travelling days are over.
                > Janet is running a business and can understand that she gives priority to
                people paying for her services, which is correct.
                > To all of you who read this list I am very sorry. Please forgive a stupid
                old man!
                > Regards
                > Terry Parfitt

              • codycoll
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 24, 2000
                  Dear Terry, just a quick note to say hello, glad everything is OK again.
                  Where do you live? Are you housebound?
                  I am semi housebound, had a fall about 9 yrs ago, damaged back, try to cope
                  without painkillers, somedays worse than others. Pc is a help don"t you
                  think? Anyway if you would like to exchange hints, notes etc please
                  reply.Keep chin up.Win

                  PLEASE CORRESPOND DIRECTLY WITH EACH OTHER DIRECTLY. NICE TO SEE SOME FRIENDLINESS AGAIN. ALL OTHER EMAILS RE TERRY PLEASE CONTACT EACH OTHER DIRECTLY. THANKS JANET