Re: [englishresearch] PICKERING PUZZLE/hewitt

  • theodora3@juno.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2000
      Dear Erla,
      I have a John Marshall Hewitt (no dates)
      m. 1 feb 1818 Eliza Ann Shreve (1801-1832)
      children:
      Edgar Hewitt (d. Chicago, IL)
      William Hewitt
      Thomas Hewitt (d. in Louisville, KY)
      I am related to Thomas Taliferro Shreve, one of Eliza's brothers.
      Hope this helps...
      Theodora
      SURNAMES: SHREVE/SHERIFF, DYER, HAZLETT, MERENESS/MARINUS, etc.

      On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:27:10 +1000 "Erla" <angeller@...>
      writes:
      > Hi Listers,
      > Once more I am searching for anyone who may be connected to a
      > WILLIAM
      > PICKERING who married ANNE DAVIES in BRISTOL, England, in Sept,
      > 1794.
      >
      > One grandson ( Parents were JANE PICKERING who married GEORGE
      > HEWITT) was called JOHN DAVIES HEWITT---born in Liverpool LANCS on
      > C.Jan. 1822. He later migrated to AMERICA in about 1852 taking a son
      > called John DAVIS?/DAVIES ? HEWITT with him. This child later joined
      > the Army at Lancaster PA. He was also a Rep Candidate for the Senate
      > and a CoL on Gov Atkinson's & Gov White's Staff.( from 1898) He died
      > on 9th October 1903 at
      > Presbyterian Hospital Philadelphia PA.
      > Any descendants on this line around ? I would love to hear from you
      >
      > Best Wishes
      >
      > Erla Angell
      >
      > angeller@...
    • Erla
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2000
        Hi Theodore,

        I don't see any connection as yet.

        Many thanks for your reply

      • theodora3@juno.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 17, 2000
          Hi Eria,
          My name is Theodora!
          Good luck.

          On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 05:09:21 +1000 "Erla" <angeller@...>
          writes:
          > Hi Theodore,
          >
          > I don't see any connection as yet.
          >
          > Many thanks for your reply
          >
          > Erla

          Theodora (Teddie)
          Surnames: BENBRIDGE, DYER, *HASLETT, *MERENESS/MARINUS,
          *SHREVE/SHERIFF, *TRUXTUN