BALDWIN Surname

  • Kenneth Gregory Baldwin
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2000
      G'day Brenda,

      I am trying to find out more information about my g-g-g-grandfather James
      BALDWIN, who lived in Kent. I don't know if he was born in Kent.

      His son, William James BALDWIN, migrated to New Zealand arriving in New
      Plymouth in 1851. William James BALDWIN was born in 1818 in Grinnage?
      (Greenwich), married Lousia INCH, in New Plymouth, New Zealand, on 14th or
      20th July 1853 and died on 11th May 1903.

      As you can see I haven't got much on James BALDWIN, not even his wife's
      name, or any of his other children's names.

      If there is any tie in with your research I would be "over the moon". I
      would reciprocate by providing full details of the BALDWIN clan in New
      Zealand and Australia.

      29 Dec 1998 Descendants of: James BALDWIN

      1 James BALDWIN b._______ m.____________
      2 William James BALDWIN b. 1818? (Greenwich, Kent, UK) d. 11 May 1903 m.
      20 Jul 1853 Louisa INCH b. 4 Dec 1833 d. 30 Nov 1897
      3 Amelia BALDWIN b. 9 Dec 1853 d. 18 Oct 1912 m. 23 May 1872 Graham
      CROZIER b. c 1835 d. 29 April 1903
      3 Ellen Philippa BALDWIN b. 12 Oct 1855 d. 11 May 1933 m. 8 April 1873
      John Richard LANDER
      m. Unknown
      m. Charles Lander
      3 Louisa Elizabeth BALDWIN b. 1 Jul 1857 d. 24 Sept 1933 m. 26 Aug 1874
      Thomas SOLE
      3 Emma BALDWIN b. 26 Jul 1859 d. 5 Oct 1929 m. 23 Feb 1876 James BAILEY
      3 Thomas William BALDWIN b. 7 Feb 1862 d. 13 Mar 1935 m. 31 Dec 1884
      Ellen Catherine WILSON b. 29 May 1867 d. 17 Nov 1918
      4 Kitty BALDWIN
      4 Allan BALDWIN b. 25 Jan 1887 d. 23 Jan 1974 m. 5 Jun 1919 Ruby May
      MASSEY b. 27 Sep 1887 d. 14 Nov 1971
      4 Margaret BALDWIN
      4 Jim BALDWIN
      4 Alice BALDWIN
      4 Ada BALDWIN
      4 Violet BALDWIN
      3 Mary Alice BALDWIN b. 4 Jun 1864
      3 Edmund Alfred BALDWIN b. 6 Jun 1866

      Is there any connection with your BALDWINs?

      Regards

      Greg Baldwin
      AIGS 9842
      A&NESFHS 9933
      CFHS 8731
      KFHS 7737
      Researching Surnames:
      ALLEN - Cornwall, UK.
      BALDWIN - Kent, UK>New Zealand> Qld, AUS
      BENTON - Warwick, UK
      BIRCH - Yorkshire, UK> Qld, Australia
      BRODIE - Parish of Boyndie, Banffshire, SCT
      CLARK - Rhynie & Essie, Aberdeen Scotland
      EDWARDS - Cornwall, UK.
      FRANCES - Australia
      GRANT - Parish of Rhynie, Aberdeen, Scotland
      INCH - Cornwall, UK>New Zealand
      LEYLAND - Warwick, UK.
      LUMSDEN - New Zealand
      MacDONALD - Inverness, SCT.
      MASSEY - Ireland>Qld, Australia
      McFADDEN - Ireland
      McINTOSH - Inverness, SCT > Qld, Australia
      McINTOSH - Ross Shire, Scotland>Qld, Australia
      McLEAN - Garmouth, Moray, Scotland>Qld, Australia
      McLEAVY - Jedburgh, Roxburgh, Scotland>Qld, AUS
      OLIVER - Roxburgh, Scotland
      REEVES - Yorkshire (?), UK
      REYNOLDS - Cornwall, UK.
      RUDD - Qld, Australia