St Mary de Lode, Gloucester

  • Anne Bowes
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2000
      Hi can anyone please help me? Where IS St Mary de Lode?

      I have an English marriage certificate of John George BOWES & Edna
      Sarah WEBBER, married 14 October 1886 "at the parish church, in the
      parish of St Mary de Lode, in the County of Gloucester. This was
      after Banns.

      I wish to view the 1891 census for this area and also the OPR. Edna
      died at Mitcheldean Station, Herefordshire in 1892. They were not
      here in 1891 census.

      I have checked with the local Mormon church library & no info could
      be found.

      Also does anyone know anything about the Great Western Railway?
      Many thanks
      Anne Bowes
    • Elizabeth Jack
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2000
        Hi Anne

        >Hi can anyone please help me? Where IS St Mary de Lode?

        St Mary de Lode Church is in the city of Gloucester, near the ancient
        crossing point (or lode) of the River Severn. It is very close to
        Gloucester Cathedral.

        Cheers
        Liz

        Elizabeth Jack : ejack@... In Gloucester

        Hidden Heritage : http://www.gloster.demon.co.uk

        Glorious :
        Gloucestershire : http://www.gloster.demon.co.uk/cdindex.html
        Photo Collection:

        Glos FHS : http://www.cix.co.uk/~rd/GENUKI/gfhs.htm

        Researching : B L I N K H O R N E
        : B L E N K A R N
        : S O S B E
        : B A S T A R D
        : G W I N N U T T
        : R A N N
        : S E S S I O N S
        : J A C K
        : C O L L E T T
        : P H I L P O T T, in Ireland only
        : P U R D O N, in Ireland only
      • Ken Downing
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 10, 2000
          Ann
          My info shows St Mary de Lode to be in the city of Gloucester itself. Hope
          this helps

          Ken

          Hi can anyone please help me? Where IS St Mary de Lode?

          I have an English marriage certificate of John George BOWES & Edna
          Sarah WEBBER, married 14 October 1886 "at the parish church, in the
          parish of St Mary de Lode, in the County of Gloucester. This was
          after Banns.

          I wish to view the 1891 census for this area and also the OPR. Edna
          died at Mitcheldean Station, Herefordshire in 1892. They were not
          here in 1891 census.

          I have checked with the local Mormon church library & no info could
          be found.

          Also does anyone know anything about the Great Western Railway?
          Many thanks
          Anne Bowes

          Community email addresses:
          Post message: englishresearch@onelist.com