Re: Trying to track small businesses in Parkstone, Dorset

  • June McDonald
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2000
      Re my grandfather Archibald Seth ROSE, Parkstone, Dorset.

      I know he owned a bicycle and pram shop in Ashley Road, Parkstone abt 1920.
      I also know that he owned some coaches (charabancs) called 'The Rosebud/s'
      in Parkstone, abt 1926 but then went bankrupt.

      Could someone please tell me how I would go abt finding out more abt these
      business? Would there be a Small Business Association for back then, or
      something like that? I am not sure how to start tracking things down. What
      abt bankruptcy proceedings? Many tks for any help.

      June McDonald
      Canberra, the nation's capital
      junemcd@... or jmcd@...