re: Coroner's reports

  • June McDonald
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2000
      My uncle was killed by a hit and run accident in Poole (I believe it was) Dorset in 1930. The local paper (Bournemouth Echo) has been searched but no report was found of the accident. I understand Coroner's reports are not released for 90? years (or at least not yet). I have not been able to find a record of death in St Cath's. Could sks tell me where I could go from here please? Many tks for any help.

      June McDonald
      Canberra, the nation's capital
      junemcd@... or jmcd@...

    • June McDonald
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2001
        My uncle was killed by a hit and run accident in Poole (I believe it was)
        Dorset in 1930. The local paper (Bournemouth Echo) has been searched but no
        report was found of the accident. I understand Coroner's reports are not
        released for 90? years (or at least not yet). I have not been able to find
        a record of death in St Cath's. Could sks tell me where I could go from
        here please? Many tks for any help.

        June McDonald
        Canberra, the nation's capital
        junemcd@...

        I SUGGEST YOU CONTACT THE LOCAL REGISTRY OF BDM FIRST. THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A CORONERS RCORD, A POLICE REPORT AND A NEWSPAPER ARTICLE. Perhaps you have the wrong year/
        Have you tried the cemetery? Contact the council Theu are usually on the net
        Good luck