Garrett/Arlington

  • Anne Caroline Pittard
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2000
      Dear Linda, I think these might be yours. I found them on IGIs at
      <www.familysearch.com>.
      Arthur Arlington m Ann Garrett 22Jul1845, St Marys, PortSea, Hamps.
      They had the following:-
      Arthur Frederick Garrett Arlington c24Dec1846.
      Catherine Arlington c1Dec1853.
      Ann Arlington c29Jan1854.
      Catherine Ann Arlington c4Sep1855.
      Mary Rose Arlington c29Nov1857.
      Frances Ann Arlington c8Aug1858.
      William George Garrett Arlington c8Aug1858.
      Rose Cecelia Arlington c8Aug1858.
      I tried to find Ann's birth with George as her father in Hamps but nothing
      there. There are plenty of Ann Garretts but wrong Dads.
      My four greats granparents were George & Martha Garrett. I found them in
      London on IGIs. This is not proven but everything fits. They had a habit -
      good from our point of view - of using George Garrett as names for there
      kids right through. I haven't been able to find a marriage for George and
      Martha.
      They had the following:-
      Jane Garrett c 29May1803.(My x3greats GM)
      Joseph Garrett c29May1803.
      Eleanor Garrett c 3Feb1805.
      Ann Garrett c17Sep1809.(?yours)
      George James Garrett c13Oct1811.
      Martha Garrett c28Sep1814.
      George William Garratt c 5Jan1794.
      Mary Garratt c17Jul1796.
      Henry Garratt c12Apr1807.
      All c at St Andrew, Holborn, London.
      Don't ask me about the multiple christenings being multiple births, your
      guess is as good as mine until church records can be checked.
      I have more info if you want it.
      See if you can prove all this. What a challenge!!!! I have no access to any
      other sources at the moment. My ankle biters are too noisy!! Get back to me
      anytime but I won't be back here till Monday. Cheers for now. Anne, from
      glorious Cairns, Oz.
      Where are you??

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • Anne Caroline Pittard