looking

  • jack
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2000
      Hi everyone,
      I am forwarding the little information I have on BALE.
      Henry BALE was born approx. 1852 in Somersetshire, ENG, died 10 Nov. 1888 in
      Young St. Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia of Typhoid Fever. He married twice.
      His first wife (unknown) bore him Annie (b.1878) and Henry (b. 1879) in ENG.
      From what I can understand on a birth certificate his 2nd marriage was on 6
      March, 1885 in Bristol, ENG to a Elizabeth Russell (b. 1855 in
      Gloucestshire, ENG, d. 25 June 1889). They had 2 boys, William Thomas (b.
      20 Sept. 1884 in England) and Ernest Robert (b. 15 Jan.1887in Young St.
      Fitzroy, Vic, Australia) - my grandfather.
      Apparently, after arriving in Australia (when, how - unknown) their parents
      split and the 2 boys were placed in an orphanage in Melbourne, Vic,
      Australia on 13 February, 1889, aged 4 and 2yrs. William was released on 7
      Sept. 1898 aged 14yrs as that was the norm. William was to be removed on
      27 Sept. 1901 aged 17yrs for a short time.
      Ernest was removed on 1 March, 1901 aged 12 yrs. Ernest seemed young to
      be removed, I am not sure why he was.