Re: [englishresearch] Chant, Cheeseman, Freebody, Hanchard

  • linda ferguson
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18, 2000
      Michael,
      There was a Cheeseman family in Stockbury Kent as in the early 1800's a
      Samuel Cheeseman was witness to some of the weddings that occured in the
      town. I researched the Stockbury parish records through LDS and remember the
      family being regularly mentioned in the registers. Hope this helps.

      Linda Ferguson.
    • Michael Cheeseman
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19, 2000
        Thank you

        Will keep that in mind.

        Do you have any witness details in your notes?

        Regards

        Michael Cheeseman

        There was a Cheeseman family in Stockbury Kent as in the early 1800's a
        Samuel Cheeseman was witness to some of the weddings that occured in the
        town. I researched the Stockbury parish records through LDS and remember the
        family being regularly mentioned in the registers. Hope this helps.

        Linda Ferguson.

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: englishresearch@onelist.com
        Subscribe: englishresearch-subscribe@onelist.com

        Shortcut URL to this page:
        http://www.onelist.com/community/englishresearch
      • Linda Ferguson
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2000
          -I have witness information for Samuel Cheeseman on marriages in
          1824, 1826, 1833, 1834.
          Parish of Stockbury County of Kent 1824 between Thomas Allington and
          Hester Elizabeth Sifleet (widow) In presence of Richard Godden and
          Samuel Cheeseman.
          Parish of Stockbury County of Kent 1826 between Abraham Syfleet and
          Elizabeth Wills In the presence of Henry Wills and Samuel Cheeseman.
          Parish of Stockbury County of Kent 1833 between John Fullagar and
          Elizabeth Syflet In the presence of Jasper Attwood and Samual
          Cheeseman.
          Parish of Stockbury County of Kent between Robert Syflet and Harriett
          Attwood In the presence of Jane Sifleet and Samual Cheeseman.
          The information I have has been transcribed from the parish records
          and bishops transcripts.
          Hope this helps
          Linda Ferguson

          > Thank you
          >
          > Will keep that in mind.
          >
          > Do you have any witness details in your notes?
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Michael Cheeseman

        • Peter & Alayne Jones
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 22 5:08 AM
            Linda and Michael

            I noticed in the heading the interest in HANCHARD & FREEBODY. I have a
            Daniel HANCHARD m 27 Aug 1810 in Windsor NSW Aust to Ann Freebody b. 22 Dec
            1796 Windsor NSW. Daniel died 14 Janu 1848 in Menangle Ann died 11 Jan 1882
            in Richmond NSW. I only know of one child Margaret HANCHARD who died in
            Alexander NSW 1884, Margaret married John Green (b 1802 London) 30 july
            1827.

            Do these Hanchard & Freebody's ring a bell??

            Alayne Jones
            Gunnedah NSW Aust.