GUILDS

  • Warren Hanlon
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2000
      Despite trawling the Internet & visiting the local library, I have been unable to find an answer to the following. I have ancestors whose occupations were shipwright (1850's) and master butcher (1890's). Would there have been guilds for these and would there be records somewhere ? .
      Names: Joseph John WILLATS, shipwright, Poplar, Middlesex

      John Henry DAVEY, master butcher, Gunnislake, Cornwall,

      Warren Hanlon

      (Kent)

      ---