RE Surname STAKEM

  • SLC
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2000
      Has anyone on the list ever come across the surname STAKEM anywhere in
      the UK? This is the surname of my gggrandmother.....she however, was
      born in Ireland according to records..however in the scant info I have
      on the surname I understand that one branch of the STAKEM'S went to
      the UK ....Stakem is a very rare surname in Ireland and elsewhere
      ...either the Stakems came from Longford or Wicklow Co in Ireland
      ...have met very few researchers of the surname in the last 3 yrs and
      one told me to ck in the UK for that one branch to see if she came
      from it...but did not bother to let me know where there to
      start....not sure if they did not know the area in the UK to begin
      looking either...so if anyone on the list has ever come across the
      name anywhere would appriciate you telling me where you might have
      found it ...The family is Catholic as far as I know ...

      Thank you
      SLC