Keynes and Fairlie

  • lakeynes@bigpond.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2000
      Hi
      I am only a beginner and looking for info on the Keynes and Fairlie
      side of my family.

      I am informed the name Keynes originated from Normandy, and was
      originally spelt de Cahaignes, Cahaagnes, Caignes, Kaines, Kaynes etc
      until present spelling Keynes. Four brothers left England in 1859
      and settled in South Australia.

      Also Fairlie I am led to believe came from Farrell, Fairle, Fairley
      and then Fairlie, originating from Ireland about 1811 was a John
      Fairlie came to South Australia in 1869. Was married to a Isabella
      Hamilton to died in 1863, and he subsequently re-married a Rebecca
      Barton.

      Anyone have any ideas etc??

      Len Keynes