Still searching! Huish Hyde Orpin Patton

  • Huishke@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7 8:45 PM
      Still searching for anyone related to the Huish family of the London area,
      circa 1800-1860. Especially if you find an occurance of Hyde as the middle
      name! We still don't know how it started!
      1. Samuel HUISH b. abt 1775 Somewhere in England most likely
      + Ann Unknown
      2. Ann HUISH Chrst Sept 1, 1799 Westbury on Trym
      2. William Huish chrst Oct 23 1803 Bristol
      2. Samuel Huish chrst Dec 3, 1809 Bristol
      2. John Hyde Huish b. March 1802 Bristol England
      + Frances Maria ORPIN
      3. Ann Hyde Huish abt April 1835(even girls got the middle name in some
      generations) London
      3. John Hyde Huish b. abt Jan 1837 London
      3. Jane Ann Huish b. Oct 2, 1843 (don't know why she didnt get it)
      3. George Hyde Huish b. July 8, 1839 St Pancras, London. Served in
      American Civil War, died April 10, 1896 Pittsburgh PA.
      +Elizabeth PATTON b. 1847 Butler Co. PA (M. Nov 12, 1863 in Pennsylvania)

      All of George's children born in Allegheny Co PA, including William Hyde
      Huish my great-grandfather through his son Eugene.
      Any information on this direct family is greatly appreciated....also any info
      on a connection between the Huish name and a possible Hyde family of that
      place and time period. Family rumor has us connected to Hyde Park of London
      somehow....but no one really knows how so I can't say.
      For the full family index with related families see:
      http://members.tripod.com/~KHuish/gedcom/names1.htm
      <A HREF="http://members.tripod.com/~KHuish/gedcom/names1.htm">Names Index
      Page</A> click if you can

      Kathy Huish
      <A HREF="http://members.tripod.com/~KHuish/">Firstmoms Genealogy
      Resources</A>
      as seen on
      <A
      HREF="http://www.worldwide-top100.net/tops5/rankem.cgi?action=in&id=research">
      Top 770+ Genealogy Sites!</A>
    • Linda Ferguson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 28, 2000
        Hi,
        The Hyde may have come in through the marriage - you show that your
        original Samuel marriage and Ann ? it may be that Ann's name was
        Hyde. I found this in my family where the family name was Higgins but
        half of the children were given Wilmore as their middle names (yes,
        boys and girls). I have also found the same thing in my husbands
        Scottish line.
        Yours
        Linda