Hyder in Kent and Surrey

  • pronis@nsw.bigpond.net.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2000
      I am tracing my Hyder's (Hider) who originally came from Chiddingstone Kent and moved over to Croyden in Surrey circa 1841. A Thomas Hyder and an Abigail Hodge married in Chiddingstone in 1811 and had ten children. I can find Abigail and some of her children in Croydon from 1841. But Thomas senior seems to have stayed and died in Kent and I have found a death in 1858 in Chiddingstone which I am pretty sure is him, and would like to know what cemetery he would have been buried in and whether there are any records for this cemetery.
      One of Abigail and Thomas children came to Australia in 1851 after marrying in Croydon and having two daughters at Mitcham. Their names were Thomas junior his wife Ellen Stratton (nee Steer) there daughtes a Helen and Elizabeth Qunecia.
      The other children lived in and around Croydon and Mitcham, and most are buried in Queens road cemetery Croydon.
      Does anyone have any of these name in there family please let me know, thanks
      From Karin Sydney Australia