Re: [englishresearch] Newcastle

  • Bridget Rawle
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2000
      Hi Carol I live in South Shields which is Half an Hour fom Newcastle,
      Newcstle itself is in North Tyneside, Is there any thing as I viist Tyne &
      Wear Archive nearly every day as I Trsanscribe a lot of Records form there

      KIND
      Bridget Rawle
      Lindenbridge Publications & Research Services.Publishers of MicroFiche
      Books.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2000
        Hi there,
        Newcastle upon Tyne is in County of Durham
        Newcastle under Lyme is in Staffordshire
        There may be others, I'll check and let you know
        All the best,
        Gerry
      • ginger
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2000
          High Carol
          Newcastle is in County Durham which is on the North East English /Scottish
          Border.
          Ginger
          > Could SKS tell me in which English county could I find Newcastle. Many
          > thanks in advance.
          >
          > Carol,
          > Mackay, Qld

        • Begg Family
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2000
            Listing my Begg names for possible relatives out there.
            MARTIN BEGG born about 1766 in Scotland married EUPHEMIA SPENCE
            GEORGE BEGG born 27 July 1791 in Inveresk Scotland married EUPHEMIA
            CUNNINGHAM brought their family to Australia
            JOHN TAYLOR BEGG born 6 October 1827 married ROSELLA LOUISA KIMMINS in
            Australia
            GEORGE BEGG born 1862 married MARGARET JANE ROBSON in Australia
            REGINALD MARTIN BEGG born 24 April 1895 married BEATRICE LINDSAY HAMILTON in
            Maitland, Australia
            GEORGE HAMILTON BEGG born 1 February 1924 married GWEN OLIVE SAMS in
            Maitland, Australia

            Any relatives or knowledge of these families would be very welcome.

            Lynette Begg (on behalf of George Hamilton Begg)
          • Bridget Rawle
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 2000
              NEWCASTLE is in Northumberland that is where people tend go to the wrong
              record offices
              Lindenbridge Publications