PAPWORTH COLONY/INSTITUTION/HALL

  • Jennifer Burt
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2000
      Subject: PAPWORTH COLONY/INSTITUTION/HALL

      I am not sure whether this is the right list to be posting this request to,
      but I guess someone will tell me :-)

      I have a copy of a newspaper clipping that refers to a Royal visit to
      Papworth Colony...the Queen visited every patient etc etc... and Princess
      Mary graciously accepted a pendant made by Petty Officer Hall of the Royal
      Naval Air Service etc etc....

      Can sks tell where and what this place was ? A hospital/institution for
      those injured/disabled during the war ? I would also like to put a rough
      date on the event (no there is not one on the paper, shame on my ancestors
      for not clipping around the date !!).

      TIA
      regards
      Jennifer
      keelawee@...
      Searching for MORSE in Somerset, Bedford, Middlesex, India and Australia and
      also FORWOOD in UK and Australia