PLEASE BE CAREFUL -OPEN NO ATTACHMENTS FOR ENGLISHRESEARCH LIST

  • janetreakes2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
      Some of us have been receiving emails supposedly from this list, when
      it actual; fact its a virus being sent to us. IF YOU ARE IN DIGEST
      Mode you should only get this list in a DIGEST format on an email. In
      mail mode you will get individual postings. IN EITHER CIRCUMSTANCES,
      NO ATTACHMENTS SHOULD BE OPENED. THIS LIST DOES NOT ALLOW ATTACHMENTS
      TO BE CIRCULATED, SO PLEASE DELETE ANYTHING THAT LOOKS FISHY!!
      Make sure your virus buster is up to date :-)
      Best wishes
      JANET
    • Gloria Hadfield
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
        Hi Janet,

        I have had trouble even to viruses being sent supposedly from my ISP. I
        have downloaded a program called mailwasher it is free on the net and it
        has saved me from making some mistakes as it identifies virus and
        possible spam. It may be of value to others.

        Gloria

        Some of us have been receiving emails supposedly from this list, when
        it actual; fact its a virus being sent to us. IF YOU ARE IN DIGEST
        Mode you should only get this list in a DIGEST format on an email. In
        mail mode you will get individual postings. IN EITHER CIRCUMSTANCES,
        NO ATTACHMENTS SHOULD BE OPENED. THIS LIST DOES NOT ALLOW ATTACHMENTS
        TO BE CIRCULATED, SO PLEASE DELETE ANYTHING THAT LOOKS FISHY!!
        Make sure your virus buster is up to date :-)
        Best wishes
        JANET

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: englishresearch@onelist.com
        Subscribe: englishresearch-subscribe@onelist.com

        Shortcut URL to this page:
        http://www.onelist.com/community/englishresearch

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Pam Taylor
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
          Hi Gloria...
          Where can I down-load this programme...???? I'd appreciate the info...
          Thanks
          Pam
          Gloria Hadfield wrote:Hi Janet,

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 13, 2002
            Hi Pam,

            The URL is

            http//:MailWasher.net

            it is free, however you may choose to register.

            Regards

          • jjanabelles@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 16, 2002
              Hi everyone, I'm new, I've tried sending an e-mail to this address for a few
              weeks, but they kept bouncing back. I've wanted to get in touch with the
              group about genealogy.
              I'm not going to write anymore for now, as this may bounce back to me as
              well!
              Ann H.

            • Pam Taylor
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 16, 2002
                Hi Gloria...
                many thanks for the link... I'll check into it.
                Stay safe
                Pam
                Gloria Hadfield <glorissa@...> wrote:Hi Pam,