Re: FROST Book......

  • charmster2001
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 10, 2002
      --- In englishresearch@y..., "Dorne Cawte" <djcawte@a...> wrote:
      > Hi Charmaine & Garth,
      > Have you tried BibliOZ, who search for out-of-print books?
      > www.booksearchwizard.com/00672 takes you to a free online search
      tool.
      > The service is associated with Angus & Robertson bookstores.
      > Good luck
      > Dorne in Mackay, Qld
      Hello Dorne, I just tried the site you posted, No Luck,..Thanks for
      the help,though I've book marked the site, it's quite good isn't it?
      Cheers! Charmaine
    • charmster2001
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 10, 2002
        --- In englishresearch@y..., "Patrick" <grappa@h...> wrote:
        > Charmaine
        > If you find out where to get the book would you
        let me in
        > on it.
        > Thanks Garth

        Keith
        > > Frost...it's about the descendants of James FROST and Lydia
        > > MACKNESS.who came to Austalia in 1845 from Stevington,Bedford...if
        > > anyone knows how to get a copy, please let me know..Charmaine
        > >

        > > Community email addresses:
        > > Post message: englishresearch@o...
        > > Subscribe: englishresearch-subscribe@o...
        > >
        > > Shortcut URL to this page:
        > > http://www.onelist.com/community/englishresearch
        > >
        > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Hello Garth, I haven't had much luck so far in my search for
        this book,although I have found some people who were lent the book
        some years ago, and are trying to get a hold of it again for me..(not
        the newest 3rd updated edition though) when I do I'll let you
        know....Do you come from this line?? I am from James and Lydia's son
        George born 1846 in Carlisle's Gully NSW..... Regards Charmaine

      • charmster2001
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 10, 2002
          --- In englishresearch@y..., "Patrick" <grappa@h...> wrote:
          > Charmaine
          > If you find out where to get the book would you
          let me in
          > on it.
          > Thanks Garth
          Hello Garth, I haven't had much luck so far, but I have found some
          people who were lent the book some years ago and are trying to get a
          hold of it for me(not the 3rd updated edition though)..I'll let you
          know how I go...Do you come from this line?? I come from James and
          Lydia's son George who was born in 1846 in Carlisle's Gully
          NSW...Regards....Charmaine

        • Patrick
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 11, 2002
            Charmaine
            My GG/Mother married a Thompson in Gayndah in 1869 and on
            M/C it said she was a widow formerly Frost.
            Her maiden name was Sullivan but i cannot find out who this Frost was can't
            find his death or anything about him.
            I'm grasping at straws i guess but i thought the book may turn up something

            Garth----- Original Message -----
            > > If you find out where to get the book would you
            > let me in
            > > on it.
            > > Thanks Garth
            > Hello Garth, I haven't had much luck so far, but I have found some
            > people who were lent the book some years ago and are trying to get a
            > hold of it for me(not the 3rd updated edition though)..I'll let you
            > know how I go...Do you come from this line?? I come from James and
            > Lydia's son George who was born in 1846 in Carlisle's Gully
            > NSW...Regards....Charmaine

          • Amanda Arnell-Smith
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 15, 2002
              If your Mr Frost was also from the Gayndah area, I would suggest you contact
              the Gayndah Historical Society as they have a load of books specifically
              about the pioneers of the area and I wouldn't be surprised if they know of
              the family name. It is an incredibly well researched district!

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 21, 2002
                --- In englishresearch@y..., "Patrick" <grappa@h...> wrote:
                > Charmaine
                > My GG/Mother married a Thompson in Gayndah in 1869
                and on
                > M/C it said she was a widow formerly Frost.
                > Her maiden name was Sullivan but i cannot find out who this Frost
                was can't
                > find his death or anything about him.
                > I'm grasping at straws i guess but i thought the book may turn up
                something
                > Hello Garth, I have been given an address of a woman who has the
                book. You will have to send her $25 if you want it posted to you, or
                $20 if you go to her to pick it up personally....Her details are:
                Mrs B FROST, 10 GUNBALANYA AVE BEECROFT NSW 2119. Beatrice's phone
                number is 02 9484 7175. The book costs $25.00 posted (or $20 if you
                collect it from her). I haven't as yet contacted Mrs.Frost, so
                can't tell you how good the book is.... hope this is of some
                help..Charmaine