Royal Navy Records

  • geneageek
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2002
      George Wright PALMER's marriage certificate 1848 (Gillingham, Kent)
      lists his occupation as 'Gunner R.N.'.
      I would like to apply for his naval records but need to know exactly
      how to go about it and what information I'd get from them.
      Has anyone in this group got any ideas/tips?

      If it makes a difference, I'm pretty sure he was born in Portsea,
      Hampshire. I have a scrap of information (no source) that says he was
      a naval officer in Gosport.